ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

how to hide "announcements"

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/03/10 12:25 PM Views: 1582 Replies: 4
Wednesday, February 3, 2010 at 12:25 PM

hi there,

i've created this falling icons on our site and i don't have any outstanding announcements yet.
i was wondering how i could suppress that "ANNOUNCEMENTS" from displaying on our homepage.

could someone please help.

thanks,
Georg

Wednesday, February 3, 2010 at 12:55 PM - Response #1

Hi Georg,
It's easy! As best as i can explain...go to Edit home page, then edit announcements...at the beginning of the edit page instructions, choose your colors for both the announcements and the words...choose white (or FFFFF) and click "save"
This should "camoflage" your desired area!
Hope it works for you!Cool

Wednesday, February 3, 2010 at 1:09 PM - Response #2

George Martin Donato wrote:

...i don't have any outstanding announcements yet.
i was wondering how i could suppress that "ANNOUNCEMENTS" from displaying on our homepage.

Hi George, kris' method was described by Brad or Kyle and it does to suppress the ANNOUNCEMENTS text by "hiding" it if you have Announcements activated. But, you mentioned you don't have any announcements, so another way is to just deactivate the Announcements section altogether. To do that, go to Edit Site Pages, then click the Edit button for the Home Page then uncheck the Announcements:

Wednesday, February 3, 2010 at 1:29 PM - Response #3

Go to POST ANNOUNCEMENT, look for "Fall Autumn", uncheck the ACTIVE column. The falling object will go away.

Thursday, February 4, 2010 at 3:14 PM - Response #4

Hi guys,

thanks for all the tips, the camouflage effect was the one i was looking for.
Thanks Kris Wink

regards,
georg

Edited 02/04/10 3:14 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.