ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

copy & pasted falling snow--snow not falling

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/07/16 06:41 PM Views: 979 Replies: 5
Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 6:41 PM

Hi, trying to do 2 things. On a separate page called 'silver bells' ,I posted 2 videos through youtube.The 2nd video is of falling snow. SNOW ISN'T FALLING.
Also, is there a way of taking the SILVER BELLS page and moving it onto my home page? Or must I start over to have it on my homepage...
Barbara
P.S. If I want to revamp the entire website, can I just go to 'build my site' enter school and year and start over? I've been with CC since 2010 Question
B.E.
[/size]

Edited 12/07/16 6:47 PM
Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 10:33 AM - Response #1

You don't need to start from scratch. You can go to the Change Design page to select a different template. I might suggest that you consider the Responsive Template at the top of the page for a new option.

Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 11:29 AM - Response #2

There are some video's/images I have tried posting that do have animation and do not work. My experience (which may be just me) is that it is that particular image. I probably have not taken the time to express how well Class Creator is designed. Fantastic! There were a few flaws when the new responsive design came out, but all seems fine now.
Thank you! And my classmates are very appreciative!

Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 11:37 AM - Response #3

Currently, one of the remaining "flaws" is that if you try to use an animated gif as a background on the page, it will not work. I have reported this previously to the programmer but it has not yet been addressed.

Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 11:44 AM - Response #4

You might try lowering the frame width on your snow picture to 450 or 500 width.

Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 12:59 PM - Response #5

The 2nd 'video' is not a video, it's a jpg image. Plus it's too large. If you want to use an animated gif upload to the FILE vault (not image) and then manually edit the IMG tag in Source mode.

(It looks like the first video is there twice too, except it was not done in source mode, hence the code shows).

You can take the content from the SILVER BELLS page and paste it on the home page, although it gets a bit busier. You'll need to adjust the widths too.

Responsive is OK, but you need to be more careful with various objects. Some can look lonely on large screens Confused

Barbara Ecker wrote:

The 2nd video is of falling snow. SNOW ISN'T FALLING.

Also, is there a way of taking the SILVER BELLS page and moving it onto my home page?

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.