ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Posting a Class Joke Book

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/03/10 10:34 AM Views: 1415 Replies: 4
Wednesday, February 3, 2010 at 10:34 AM

I have gone back thru our 2009 Message Forum postings and collected 106 pages of jokes posted by several of my classmates. I would like to make them accessible to the class on the website as well as sending them as attachments to my personal e-mail messages.

Any suggestions?

Edited 02/03/10 10:34 AM
Wednesday, February 3, 2010 at 10:44 AM - Response #1

I would copy, paste, and reformat as desired. I.E.

1) For the web site I would copy all of the jokes, and then put them on a Customizable Links page formatted however you'd like.

2) For the email I'd copy and paste the jokes into MS Word or any other word processer app of your choice, format, and then print the document to PDF. Upload the PDF directly to your File Vault. Then when you email members of the class, rather than attaching the PDF to the email itself, just include a link to the PDF document residing on your web site. Your email is much more likely to be delivered doing it this way (attaching a PDF document full of jokes may trigger so spam filters).

Wednesday, February 3, 2010 at 10:50 AM - Response #2

File Vault? Please explain.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010 at 11:09 AM - Response #3

How about a joke forum? You could post the old jokes and make it that they can't post anything to the forum so that way you keep all your original jokes only. And you can refer back to them. I did that with our old forum layout so we didn't loose any of the old postings

Wednesday, February 3, 2010 at 11:09 AM - Response #4

1) Click Edit Site Pages
2) Click the Edit button next to any page
3) On the task bar in the editor click the chain link icon
4) Now click the File Vault tab

You can upload files here that you can attach to your web site or emails.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.