ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Trying to upload Smilebox pics

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/19/09 12:01 PM Views: 6202 Replies: 13
Sunday, July 19, 2009 at 12:01 PM

Can you help with uploading Smilebox slideshow? I've added the URL, but I get the red X. Thanks

Sunday, July 19, 2009 at 12:29 PM - Response #1

I see the red X at the bottom of your home page. I'm not sure why that's not pulling in correctly, but it's only trying to pull in an image anyway. This isn't standard embed code that would actually embed a third party object directly on your page.

Although I've personally never used Smilebox, I know many people on Class Creator have successfully embedded code on their sites to pull objects directly in. So I know they offer standard embed code. I'd remove the image code that's causing the red X to display currently, and try adding true embed code instead. If you do it this way, people won't have to leave your site and go to the Smilebox site like they do currently.

Any Smilebox users here with some additional advice?

Sunday, July 19, 2009 at 12:45 PM - Response #2

I also tried using Smilebox but had a lot of unease on its presentation. The pictures were not clear enough and the start arrow was not always stable. So while trying to catch it and hold in place your pics are going backward and forward.
Maybe it was the software. Brad probably knows why. He has an answer to everything. So I switched to ANIMOTO and I'm very happy with it. They have a wide range of music selections.I have one on my home page if you want to check it out and another on the THE Catherinians link.

Sunday, July 19, 2009 at 12:49 PM - Response #3

I've never used it before personally, so elementary teaching here, sorry. If you notice, there are two smilebox uses in the page above, put in by another administrator. Thanks for any help.

Sunday, July 19, 2009 at 1:11 PM - Response #4

Personally, I think smilebox is the best slideshow program there is. It just offers SO much. I've taken the password protection off my photo slideshows page, and I have several smilebox presentations there (as well as on my own personal profile, which is not passworded), so feel free to take a peek, and if you like what you see, I'd be happy to walk you through getting it embedded. It's really quite simple.

Sunday, July 19, 2009 at 1:42 PM - Response #5

I am not the one that started this thread, but I would love to have instructions for loading smilebox presentations onto the site. Thanks for the info!

Ann

Sunday, July 19, 2009 at 2:08 PM - Response #6

Hi Ann.....

First of all, while Smilebox is free, and it does allow you to embed it on your site, if you pay for the premium version, it takes all advertising away and gives you a very nice full screen mode to view it on (I have paid for that service). With that said, here is how you go about it, after making your slideshow of course. Go to Number 4 at the top of the smilebox toolbar (Share, Print or DVD). Click on it....then choose Post it to your blog or webpage. On this screen you will name your slideshow, then hit Continue at the bottom right. It will take a moment or two to upload your show. On the next page you will be shown several options on the left side. Pick the very last one, that says Other Blogs. On the next window, scroll down a bit to where it says Click and Copy the code. In the white text box there, click to select all of the code, then right click and choose copy. Now paste it into your CC site using the Sourse button on the page you want to post it on. It's that simple.

Sunday, July 19, 2009 at 2:38 PM - Response #7

To Bethel Highschool, I love your site and especially the photo slide show page. Thanks for sharing. I also use the preium smilebox for each month's birthdays, that way I can do a whole month at a time. I am a personal fan of hoops and yoyo also. I think after our reunion, which is next week, I am going to get a page set up like yourself. Love, this forum for sharing!!

Libann

Sunday, July 19, 2009 at 2:40 PM - Response #8

Hi Libann...

Thanks for your kind words. Your site looks great as well. I've taken the password protection off our "Remember When" page... you may find a few things useful there, and if so, please feel free to use it.

Sunday, July 19, 2009 at 3:05 PM - Response #9

Wow Doug, how cool! on the Remember when. Could you leave the password off till tomorrow, so that I can copy some things this evening? Thanks for sharing.

LibannLaughing

Sunday, July 19, 2009 at 3:27 PM - Response #10

Sure....No problem. Actually, I'll do you one better....I'll leave it off all week. Take your time. I only have it password protected anyhow so none of our "non-members" can get a free peek without joining up. Smile

Edited 07/20/09 7:03 AM
Thursday, July 30, 2009 at 10:17 PM - Response #11

While checking out your smilebox pic and how you explain to embed them - I've already did one and found it easy. But as I was looking at your site - I love the please sign the guestbook. How do you do that. Hit the guest button and it open the message page. As you can see I am learning as I am doing. I have a guest book but it's doesn't give one enough lines to write. My site is www.classcreator.com/butler-pa-butler-area-shs-1966
Can you help?

Edited 08/18/09 5:24 PM
Friday, July 31, 2009 at 6:01 AM - Response #12

Hi Paula....

Congrats on your smilebox success. Very Happy

As far as the guestbook, you can get yours HERE. Then just link it to any image you'd like (feel free to use mine if you wish). Good Luck!

Saturday, September 19, 2009 at 4:11 PM - Response #13

Libann, Your site looks great! You did an amazing job with Smilebox!!!!! Really nice. I am sorry to see you have so many ailing classmates. Bonita

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.