ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Posting Videos

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/30/09 06:30 PM Views: 2023 Replies: 14
Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 6:30 PM

Is it possibleto post brief video clips/messages to the home page or other page?

Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 8:57 PM - Response #1

Yes. There's two ways to do it.

Easy way: Just upload the video to Youtube, copy the video code, paste the video code on your site, and voila your site now has video.

Hard way: Upload the video to your File Vault. Best formats are typically wmv (Windows Media) or flv (Flash). Once you have the video there you need to embed it on your page, which requires adding object/embed code to your page. I can show you how to do that if you want. I'd just do #1 though. Not only is it much easiser, you don't waste your File Vault space. As longa s Youtube allows free video hosting and streaming, I say use it.

Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 9:00 PM - Response #2

Hi Matthew....

Yes it is...for an announcement, just use the "Post Announcement" link under Member Functions on the left side, and type your text, then make the announcement active. The same thing for videos, except upload them to YouTube first, then get the embed code, and while in the Edit / Source mode, just embed the code from YouTube in the announcement.

Hope that helps.......... -Doug

Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 9:01 PM - Response #3

Sorry Brad..... You beat me to it by 3 mins. Smile Don't you ever sleep or rest? Very Happy

Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 9:02 PM - Response #4

I've been out all afternoon seeing movies with my daughter and things. Just got home and beat cha. Smile Contrary to popular belief, I do have an actual life. Sort of. Smile

Monday, June 1, 2009 at 10:14 AM - Response #5

I have a DVD that I would like to upload( about 5 mins) of video. Should I upload this to youtube or is there a quicker way? Thanks

Monday, June 1, 2009 at 10:31 AM - Response #6

Ron....

There are a couple different ways to do it....but yes, I think YouTube is the way to go (and the easiest).

Monday, June 1, 2009 at 1:35 PM - Response #7

Yes, I'd post it to YouTube and then embed the video code on your site.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 at 3:29 PM - Response #8

Hey Guys, I read all tips and tricks on how to embed a you tube video and I am not getting anywhere. I am using the trial version and I need to make a presentation to the school. However I am unable to embed video to any pages using you tube. Please help me!!! ASAP, thanks!!

When embedding all I see is the code of the content and no video please help..Is it because I am using the trail version? or what I'm I missing to do..

I am very fustrated because I am a experienced web builder and the tips you all are suggesting is not working for me. Please give me instruction on how to and where to post a You Tube video I hacve tried everything, I no results!!!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 at 4:41 PM - Response #9

Are you clicking the "Source" button in the upper left corner of your editor BEFORE you paste in the YouTube source code? From your description of the problem I suspect that's the only thing you're missing.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 at 4:50 PM - Response #10

That was the problem! Thank you very much, wish me luck on the presentation. I really stand behind this site, I love it!!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 at 4:55 PM - Response #11

Good luck. Smile

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 at 4:59 PM - Response #12

Thank you, Is it possible to change the order of the links on the home page?

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 at 5:01 PM - Response #13

No. After our upcoming "Admin Rights" module we'll be creating a link sorting feature though, so that will become possible later this year. At the same time you'll also be able to rename any currently non-renamable pages. I.E. when the link feature arrives all links can be named and sorted as desired.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 at 5:57 PM - Response #14

Ok very well, thank you!!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.