ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Embed Code

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/19/09 11:28 AM Views: 2078 Replies: 7
Sunday, July 19, 2009 at 11:28 AM

Hmm. I searched the forums and checked the FAQs but didn't find a way to embed a blog from Blogger.com. Has anybody been able to do this? Can it be done at all?

Sunday, July 19, 2009 at 12:21 PM - Response #1

I've never used Blogger.com, but you would think they'd provide standard embed code so you could simply copy and paste it onto your site. I'm assuming that's not the case since you're asking, but check out this script. I did a quick Google search and this came up so I don't know anything about it, but if Blogger itself doesn't have an easy way to embed a blog, it sounds like this will meet your needs.

Sunday, July 19, 2009 at 12:36 PM - Response #2

Brad -

I don't think that'll work . . . requires an upload of a Java script. I tried it but ClassCreator says it's a file type that it won't allow. I don't have to use Blogger.com . . . anybody else out there find a blog that generates embed code?

Edited 07/19/09 12:40 PM
Sunday, July 19, 2009 at 12:41 PM - Response #3

Are you trying to embed the blog on your forums? That's the only page we disallow javascript. I can confirm with a programmer Monday, but I believe you should be able to add this JavaScript to any ordinary editable site page.

Sunday, July 19, 2009 at 12:59 PM - Response #4

I tried on one of the customizable pages and the error message I got was "Invalid File Type." My first attempt was to just type in the text area of the customizable page . . . and it works . . . just not as elegant a solution as i was looking for.

==================================================

Later On: Scrap all that! I found a better solution! I just used an iFrame tag instead and with a little judicious editing of the Blogger.com view I got it to fit right into my ClassCreator page. I'm using the blog as kind of a one-way dialogue to people who visit the site. We have the user Forums up and running but you know what? They just didn't take off for us and our people aren't using them. They sign up for updates but never post. So . . . what good is that? Excellent tool but we just don't get any use out of it.

The link to the blog page (if you'd like to take a look) is:

http://www.khs68-69.com/class_custom8.cfm

Edited 07/19/09 4:18 PM
Sunday, July 19, 2009 at 6:17 PM - Response #5

That's a great solution. Looks very nice.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 at 1:36 PM - Response #6

I'm trying to put a third-party banner with java script into an announcement but the preview gives me this error: "Changes were made to this link; Update code." This is what I put into the Source of the announcement: