ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Subscribing to forums - no emails being recieved

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/07/21 04:52 PM Views: 1781 Replies: 7
Sunday, March 7, 2021 at 4:52 PM

I figured out why I at first thought "no one was out there". I subscribed to the forum posts I made but no emails came through to notify me there had a been a response to my question. Is that another piece you no longer do - am I missing a step - or is there something wrong on your end????

Sunday, March 7, 2021 at 5:36 PM - Response #1

Hi Susan,

It should be mailing out. We have had others report similar issues. We will look into doing some maintenance on the forums after we wrap up a few other things. In the meantime you might want to check back on posts. When I test it I see the messages going out. I'm not sure if there is something about the format of them that the receiving email servers don't like.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Sunday, March 7, 2021 at 10:20 PM - Response #2

It's always been erratic. The only way to reliably see new messages is to make this a bookmark. Of Five messages posted the only one I got was the one about adding Forums.

https://forums.classcreator.com/hotlist.cfm

Monday, March 8, 2021 at 7:49 AM - Response #3

I almost never get notifications now via the inbox. I'm finding that gmail is identifying most of them as spam. I've gotten into the habit of checking these fora a couple times a day and then clicking on What's New to keep up to date with the latest postings.

Monday, March 8, 2021 at 12:46 PM - Response #4

That's also a problem. Gmail identifies all CC posts as SPAM since the transfer. I put in a filter to not put it in spam and every message has a warning from Gmail warning me that it is considered spam but I put in a filter.

This message was not sent to Spam because of a filter you created.

I mentioned this a while back to get the email back to prior status but nothing has been done so far by CC.

Friday, March 26, 2021 at 8:46 AM - Response #5

Even though I subscribed to all 3 options, I have never received notification of new posts in the Forums.

Saturday, March 27, 2021 at 4:28 PM - Response #6

We aren't getting bounces on the emails. I'm not certain if gmail is not liking the formatting or the identical message. They go out fine to individuals, however, we have seen some issues with them not going out in bulk (or at least not being received on that end when sent in bulk for subscriptions).

Saturday, March 27, 2021 at 8:06 PM - Response #7

Jessica, forum emails have never been reliable. I get maybe one out of ten. I did not get this post nor another one.

The answer a long time ago was that this software was too old to mess with and not going to be fixed. The only way to see new messages is to click the "what's new" or make a link to it.

And any emails I do get are marked as SPAM ever since the new host was picked.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.