ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Responsive design

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/02/18 10:31 AM Views: 894 Replies: 5
Monday, July 2, 2018 at 10:31 AM

No one likes change. But me when it comes to our class website. I’d like to give the Responsive Design a try, if I can. How can I do this just to try it out without making it go live for a few months? Can that be done? I’m sure I must have done that several years ago when I first embarked on this journey! I’d like to unveil it at our next reunion in September!

Monday, July 2, 2018 at 11:01 AM - Response #1

Well, you can try it and not make it live... just save it as a draft. Or as I have had other admins do, you could create a free testing site at Classcreator.com and just choose the same school, but with a graduation year that would never be used.... like the class of 1920. Then just let me know so that I can take it off the School Locator.

Monday, July 2, 2018 at 9:41 PM - Response #2

Thanks, Scott. I think I’ll try to save as a draft. I’ll let you know if I decide to do the other way. Thanks!

Thursday, July 26, 2018 at 12:56 AM - Response #3

Scott, I’ve set up my temp site under my same school but Class of 1913. Now it brings me to another question for you. If I’m happy with the change, then what do I do with this temporary site? What is the easiest way to get the info already in the site changed over to the responsive design- change it on the current website or begin with the temporary one? To me I would think changing the one I have would be better. Am I correct?

Thursday, July 26, 2018 at 7:31 PM - Response #4

If you are creating the draft on your existing site once you take it live it will become the live site with all of your current data and your new design.

Friday, July 27, 2018 at 12:03 AM - Response #5

Thanks, Jessica. Can you please delete my temporary site that looks like someone made it live? The site is Shawnee Mission North high school, Class of 1913, Shawnee Mission, Kansas. I’ll just opt to try on my site now so if I feel good about it, I’ll let it go. I don’t want to add everything all over again. Thanks!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.