ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

birthday showing instead of email

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/02/12 05:37 PM Views: 1183 Replies: 6
Monday, April 2, 2012 at 5:37 PM

i seem to have mixed up the profile generator. we just launched our site yesterday and new profiles are coming in now, but where i indicated email it is showing the birthdate instead. i probably renamed the spot where the birthday was originally, so it is my mistake. but, i don't know how to correct it. i would like to get it fixed before we get more people added. any help? our site is at ecr72.com

thanks!

Monday, April 2, 2012 at 5:42 PM - Response #1

Karin,

You had two Profile Generator questions that you changed their meaning. You cannot do that because the system uses that information for specific things.

1. You changed (BirthdaySmile to Email address(es): -- I changed it back
2. You changed (HomepageSmile to Favorite Bands: -- I changed it back.

If you want to add these two profile questions, I recommend adding them as new questions. You can move them up and down the list, but don't rename the default questions.

you renamed two other default questions, but didn't really change the meaning much, so I left them how you have the wording.
1. (ChildrenSmile you renamed it to Children/Grandchildren: (probably OK to change this)
2. (School StorySmile you renamed it to Memories: (probably OK to change this because the meaning is still similar)

Monday, April 2, 2012 at 5:49 PM - Response #2

i thought i did something like that. i will try to fix at my end now thanks for the quick response! still learning!

Monday, April 2, 2012 at 5:58 PM - Response #3

OK, now where it says homepage and people have already filled in their favorite bands, how do i transfer that info already entered? i created a new question for that. do i have to ask each person to change their own? i guess i don't have to have an email button since that is generated in the system already?

Monday, April 2, 2012 at 6:01 PM - Response #4

The SYSTEM e-mail address field is in the DETAILS and is considered private data and will never be revealed to classmates. If your classmates want to let others know about their e-mail address, you would need a PROFILE question in order for it to display.

You would need to do Manage Classmates, then click DETAILS of each of the classmates. Then copy the answer from "Homepage" to the "Favorite Bands" question (unless the answer looks like a home page address). You would only need to look at those who were before the recent change.

Monday, April 2, 2012 at 6:07 PM - Response #5

great, that sounds easy enough. i will do that before i get farther behind. thanks so much. i am liking this website so much as i get farther into the process. i appreciate the hand-holding!

Monday, April 2, 2012 at 6:08 PM - Response #6

You're welcome

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.