Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Add content to customizable link

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/02/10 02:40 AM Views: 1484 Replies: 5
Friday, July 2, 2010 at 2:40 AM

I saw a site that had a link "how to use this site"
That url is www.gbhs1975.com
Just wanted to know where he found the content and all the individual links for the FAQ's?

Thanks for the help,

Larry

Friday, July 2, 2010 at 10:24 AM - Response #1

My assumption is Scott, the Administrator of that site, created that content himself. And he did a heckuva job doing so I might add. You might want to contact him by filling out the Contact Us form on that site and ask if you can borrow the content to modify as you see fit for your site.

Friday, July 2, 2010 at 10:32 AM - Response #2

Brad - one question....one of his links says

"Married Couples - Sharing the same email address for login: Married couples who share the same email address: Make sure you each have unique passwords for your logins. This is how the website differentiates you."

Is this true? I was under the impression that only one person could use a unique e-mail address for login and if a second person entered it in their profile, it would overwrite the first. Am I wrong? I have several married couples in my class, too.

Friday, July 2, 2010 at 11:02 AM - Response #3

Barbara yes, your impression is not correct. There's no problem at all with users from the same class having the same email address in the system. The only thing that matters to our system is that anyone sharing an email address with another member of the class have a unique password.

Saturday, July 3, 2010 at 9:19 PM - Response #4

Thanks. Helps me a lot with my half dozen or so classmates married to each other (myself included !)

Sunday, July 4, 2010 at 7:16 PM - Response #5

Brad,

Scott sent me the code so that I could embed it into our site.

One question, what are the anchor icons that are at the beginning of some of the faq answers?

Here is what Scott told me in his e-mail to me: On your hyperlinks, your would have to right click to change reference for my classsite page over to the page you're using. Same thing on your anchors

I accomplished all of the hyperlink references.

Thanks,

Larry

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.