ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

slideshow that looked like opening a yearbook

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/21/14 08:06 PM Views: 878 Replies: 4
Monday, July 21, 2014 at 8:06 PM

I saw someone's web page that had a slide show that may have been created in iMovie and the theme was like opening a yearbook or album to see pictures. I am wondering was this made with iMovie and how was it done? Thanks for any help. This is exactly what I am looking for.

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 at 9:00 AM - Response #1

You might want to try "issuu.com". They can create an online album with automatic page turning. To use that service, you send them a PDF file of the yearbook and they create an online document that can be viewed as a movie with page turning.

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 at 11:18 AM - Response #2

Thanks, I will look into that. That is not quite what I was looking for though. I was thinking of taking the pictures classmates sent me and putting them into this format. I do like the idea of scanning the yearbook, since so many of us have misplaced ours. Is there a cost to this service?

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 at 11:34 AM - Response #3

When making the pages the scan size is important. Plus somehow I got two pages out of order and that's the way they are in the website. I was able to use a scanner that had a feeder which meant I didn't have to lift the scanner lid over and over. It was at my work...secret. I had to change the setting for color scans. Which of course I forgot.

I will say it was worth the effort! Exclamation

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 at 3:13 PM - Response #4

issuu.com doesn't scan yearbooks. They take a PDF file that you provide (could be a yearbook or a memory book) and they create an online page-turning document.

You can create the PDF file to send to issuu.com by creating your book in MS Word and then when done, use the SAVE AS... to save the document to a PDF file.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.