ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

New Widget - E Reader

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 03/02/11 12:11 AM Views: 1396 Replies: 1
Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at 12:11 AM

I really like the hosting system offered by www.issuu.com, with one exception. Their hosting is great, site is easy to use, and overall very reliable.

However, they seem 'non interested' in changing the Page Turn effect. I have 4 Yearbooks hosted there, and 3 books of poetry written by one of our deceased classmates.

I want a more definite "page turning" effect, lifting the bottom corner and rolling across until page is turned. The page turning I experience with every document I have on www.issuu.com is more like a "slide across". For example, I am keeping an eye on another potential page turning program at http://www.flipsnack.com.

Flipsnack has a definitive turning of the page, but I don't yet know what to expect in their hosting, if any.

Could Class Creator consider creating a new Widget that is essentially a page turning software, and would accept PDF files for reading? Vault space might become an issue, but I am a 10 year Platinum member, so maybe not for me. How about the future FTP site, if it comes about? Could that potentially host some fairly large PDF files for page turning review?

Edited 03/02/11 12:16 AM
Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at 1:16 PM - Response #1

Either looks great at first glance, but consumes a LOT of cpu cycles and can't run on iPad, iPod. Personally, I just like quick instant response to a "new" page vs "effects". All these tricks get old fast. But that's just me. I didn't think either site differed much.

I prefer a NON-flash version if CC was going to do this. I did a simple one showing school newspaper (multiple pages + zoom) and now working on doing a more complicated viewer - but still no "effects", although that can be done too - just for kicks - it might be an optionExclamation

As for FTP, you can can do that independently of CC.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.