ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Centering 3rd party items

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/20/10 06:48 PM Views: 1522 Replies: 10
Friday, August 20, 2010 at 6:48 PM

Greetings Everyone,

I am not an expert, yet I do know how to get around and make things happen on hosting sites as CC. Wait... that stops here. I am sure I have to be missing something so easy - something staring me in the face.

I am lost as how to center a 3rd party object and how to put two side-by-side centered. Usually, it is an easy right click, properties, select positioning, select how you want text around the object and I am good to go.

So now... what am I missing?

Friday, August 20, 2010 at 9:51 PM - Response #1

1) Try clicking the third party object and then clicking the center button on the editor toolbar. If that doesn't work then put a

tag before the third party object and a
tag after it.

2) To put two objects side by side you can either put an align="left" on one of them, or probably even easier for most people is to just create a 1 row x 2 column table, and put each object in each cell of the table.

Saturday, August 21, 2010 at 9:38 PM - Response #2

BRAD: you better take that vacation soon you are starting to post the same message twice LaughingLaughingVery HappyRolling Eyes

Saturday, August 21, 2010 at 9:46 PM - Response #3

Here in the Gulf. Here in the Gulf.

Saturday, August 21, 2010 at 9:54 PM - Response #4

To me, it should be easy...

Yes, I am still working on centering the 3rd party objects. Had to redo most of our reunion page when it went 'haywire' last night. It is good now. I'll leave the PayPal buttons to the left and call it done. Of course, I'd like them to be centered - enough is enough.

Now take a look at the weather - bottom of my home page. Hey, I got part of it to center. LOL

Laughs on me, for sure. I'm just tired of playing with these.

Onto the next task...what to do next? Hmmmm, I should put them in a hat and pick one! Smile

That is my update.

Saturday, August 21, 2010 at 10:05 PM - Response #5

Gwen Corey wrote:

To me, it should be easy...

Yes, I am still working on centering the 3rd party objects. Had to redo most of our reunion page when it went 'haywire' last night. It is good now. I'll leave the PayPal buttons to the left and call it done. Of course, I'd like them to be centered - enough is enough.

Now take a look at the weather - bottom of my home page. Hey, I got part of it to center. LOL

Laughs on me, for sure. I'm just tired of playing with these.

Onto the next task...what to do next? Hmmmm, I should put them in a hat and pick one! Smile

That is my update.

I took a look at it, go to edit your page, From what I can see is you need to put

between the last two items.

Then put

after the last item

This will put one under the other if that is what you are looking to do.

Saturday, August 21, 2010 at 10:42 PM - Response #6

Thanks, William. I tried the paragraph entries:

No cigar on that one.

Looking further, I did not see a center command for the background. I added it. Checked out the page. Laugh is on me...now the background does not show. It has to be just a background. Maybe I should leave it just as it is.

Feel free to take a look and advise.

Gwen

Saturday, August 21, 2010 at 11:00 PM - Response #7

Oh I see... The weather can't actually center there. There's a right column. It is actually centering. If you look between the left margin and the start of the right hand modules the weather widget really is centered. The stuff below it falls below the widget and really isn't part of the widget. Since it falls below it's actually truly centering on the page. If you want the whole thing to center below your right modules just add this tag just before the start of your third party weather code:

Saturday, August 21, 2010 at 11:32 PM - Response #8

Brad Switzer wrote:

Oh I see... The weather can't actually center there. There's a right column. It is actually centering. If you look between the left margin and the start of the right hand modules the weather widget really is centered. The stuff below it falls below the widget and really isn't part of the widget. Since it falls below it's actually truly centering on the page. If you want the whole thing to center below your right modules just add this tag just before the start of your third party weather code:

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying or I may come across as rude and do not intend to. Let's try this... knowing the right margin has modules, I look at the column the modules are in as the right margin or as you said, 'start of the right hand modules' is the right margin. That was a given my first day working on our site.

If the code you gave me would move it to the right column under the other modules, that may be a great place for it!

Yes, what you now see is centered. Had you viewed it earlier, the background of clouds was to the left margin with the actual weather text centered. That was a result of my many attempts at centering the entire widget. It was very unprofessional looking, yet had me laughing and I left it overnight.

What you see now is the widget without the background. I lost the background when I entered the center coding

. If it works and doesn't look bad, why 'fix' it? That is my thought at the moment. I have other things I would rather work on than spending more time on the weather.

Thanks for taking time in your travels to assist, Brad. I am one to help others and have done so at all hours - at all times. I seldom 'meet' others who do the same. Smile Whew! I'm not the only one.

I can not wait to get this site set so I may start on another one.

Gwen

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 at 1:43 PM - Response #9

Brad ... I put a table in my home page to put 2 objects side by side. However, the border shows up. I did not see anywhere to format "no border." Can you enlighten me? Laughing

Thanks ... again!!
Debbie

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 at 2:08 PM - Response #10

Within the table tag... < table >, you can enter the following: border="0", to remove a border.

or

While in the editor, you can scroll down to the table and click on the table border to select the table, and then right click on the border to reveal a menu that has Table Properties as the last option. Click on the Table Properties and then you can set the Border size to 0.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.