ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Promoting Forum Usage

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/30/09 08:46 AM Views: 1298 Replies: 4
Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 8:46 AM

My class is kinda slow to get into the forums - a number of them have accessed but haven't posted anything.

Does anyone have any ideas on any games that we can "play" to get participation moving in the forums? I was trying to think of something like a "TAG - You're It!" email to someone to get it started but I'm not sure how I could make it work.

I appreciate your help!
Vicki

Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 10:05 AM - Response #1

Go to General Questions and go to the second sticky topic Keeping interest in your site. It will explain the tag game.

Or tell them you want to do a playlist for the site and ask for songs from the day. Ours really got into that. I also did a tour of the city and needed to identify some buildings they started talking about what they remembered about certain places and times. Like skipping classes and going to lunch or their favorite donuts at the local bakery.

Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 12:31 PM - Response #2

Vicki,
We have had a good result with posting "surveys". Asking about music, t-shirts, etc. for the upcomming reunion. We also e-mail the entire class every Friday with a message about the site and participation. When we check the "log-ons" by the end of the weekend, its amazing. Good luck.

Steven

Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 4:21 PM - Response #3

One of our classmates was reminiscing and posted a story about how another classmate stole his pickle in first grade. The accused classmate responded and before we knew it, about 7 joined in about Jim's Missing Pickle. There are 3 pages on our Forum dedicated to this one statement.
Kathy

Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 5:54 PM - Response #4

The tag is great. Well, as great as your class's participation. I asked for 10 random things, goals, habits, etc., (borrowed from another site on here). Funny, one of mine was I am deathly afraid of mice. By the time we did 4-5 people, one girl was telling us how she sells $5 million worth of real estate a year, owns 6 apartment buildings and part of a golf course. Some people just don't get it. Some did...one girl went skydiving on a date and is afraid of heights, etc. We learned a lot about each other and it did start some discussion. We are at a standstill and when that happens I go ahead and tag someone else or tell another classmate to do it. I guess I had truly forgotten how apathetic my class was. Do I sound disappointed or bitter?

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.