ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Subscription Auto Renewal

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/24/10 02:52 PM Views: 1388 Replies: 4
Wednesday, March 24, 2010 at 2:52 PM

Our subscription is up in two days. We have had a fantastic first year filled with tears and laughter. So fantastic that another group from our school will join Class Creator in May with me as a temprorary root. Thanks.

My concern today is paying and the manner of paying my subscription. Will it be automatically charged to the original credit card? Did I miss an email? Whatever happens right now I am ready to do, but in the future can I change it to come from a Paypal account? We have funding there.

Thanks,
Margaret

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 at 4:01 PM - Response #1

Congrats on the first year! Smile

You can click on your Subscription link to see the status of your subscription, whether or not you have auto rebill turned on, etc. If you have auto billing turned on you don't need to do anything. Or you can change credit card number, billing information, etc. in there. If you don't have auto rebill turned on you can click the "Add Time" button to by whatever block of time you wish, such as additional year, 3 years, 5 years, or 10 years. We haven't integrated PayPal into our subscription options but you can simply PayPal your renewal fee to info@classcreator.com. If you do that be sure to include the number of years you're renewing for, the school name, and class year.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 at 10:57 PM - Response #2

Since I am sure that I am not the only insecure person on here, I will continue. If I remove the annual billing button, it appears that I am then saying I want the account to expire. I am assuming that is just saying in actuality that I don't want you to charge MY HUSBAND'S credit card. :O) I click that and then go to Paypal and pay you. Correct? The charge will go through on the day numbered zero or one? In one hour it will be one day left. If I don't do it in the next hour, I will be billed? This may seem trivial and slightly anal, but I am a big picture person and really have to think about small details. Or maybe I am a deatil person and get hung up on them. I don't know. I often confuse myself.

(Glad I checked. I had forgotten that the credit card was stolen last summer. I will change that.)

While I am here, let's brag a liitle on my site and then as a result, CC. I often sit here at the computer and marvel that I am doing this and with whom I am doing it. I thought I would never see these people again, let alone become a matriarch to the people I spent my youth with. Matriarch? Heck, I was the cheerleader! I still am in many of my roles as webmaster.

People have told me that participating in the site has literally changed their lives. (We are mostly empty nesters and retirees.) I have heard stories of old misunderstandings being ironed out, new bonds of friendship being made between people who didn't even know each other back in the day, people who were sitting around feeling old and not needed anymore suddenly finding a new world to explore. We have taught people how to function on the internet. One classmate told me that he loved to read the ladies' profiles becuase he found their stories of survial uplifting. Yes, there is a hint of romance in the air from a lingering high school crush. Oh, I could go on.

So, Brad and those of you at CC, how does it feel to be responsible for being such a postive influence in the lives of so many people? Pat yourself on the back. You deserve it. Your ripple effect is immeasurable.

Thanks,
Margaret

Thursday, March 25, 2010 at 12:35 AM - Response #3

Well, it feels very good Margaret. But only because people like yourself say things like you just said. Isn't life funny sometimes, I was just trying to do a favor for the organizer of our own 20 year reunion, and the next thing I knew 700,000 people were using the system. I'll happily take any credit that's due, but the shape of the system you see today was formed by the users themselves. We just listen to what you guys and gals want and try our best to deliver it. Everyone who participates in these forums can share in the credit for Class Creator growing into what it has become today.

I went into your site and set your billing to not auto renew. Don't worry about the site expiring tomorrow, the system will give you a 7 day grace period anyway. Like I said we don't normally route people to PayPal for payment of Class Creator subscriptions, but if you PayPal your payment to info@classcreator.com the Support personnel will go in and add the time to your account.

Thanks again for your comments, much appreciated.

Thursday, March 25, 2010 at 9:46 AM - Response #4

Thanks for your patience, Brad, and for listening to all of us and responding. M

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.