ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Icon for joined not profile creator

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/01/21 09:34 AM Views: 3465 Replies: 13
Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 9:34 AM

Many of the people who have joined my website have not created a profile. In the classmate list, only those that created a profile receive an icon. Is it possible to have an icon for everyone who joined even if they have not created a profile?

Edited 05/01/21 9:35 AM
Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 10:25 AM - Response #1

Is the icon to which you're referring the green checkmark? If so how has your member joined? I ask because as a test I added a classmate and joined as same entering only an e-mail address and password. A green check mark appears next to the name in the profiles listing.

Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 2:36 PM - Response #2

Edit Pages, then look under Edit Profiles and then Custom Icons. I think they are not enabled. Took me a second to find again.

Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 3:20 PM - Response #3

Thank you for taking the time to test and respond. Yes, I am referring to the green check. I changed the language to read "Joined this website" but I believe the default is something like "created profile". That is beside the point I guess. I have 184 members who have joined and the green check is only by a couple of the names.

Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 3:25 PM - Response #4

Well, I discovered that when I go in as administrator I only see a couple of green checks, but when I go in without logging in, I see them all. Not sure why that is, but I guess I am ok. Thanks again.

Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 9:16 PM - Response #5

something changed from yesterday to today. Not s single profile had a checkmark yesterday when I looked at your site. Today 184 do. So that's why I thought the checkmark was not enabled.

P.S. there is still something not right since at a glance my checkmarks appear to be the same logged in or not.

Edited 05/01/21 9:21 PM
Sunday, May 2, 2021 at 10:16 AM - Response #6

Cindy McLean wrote:

Yes, I am referring to the green check. I changed the language to read "Joined this website" but I believe the default is something like "created profile". That is beside the point I guess. I have 184 members who have joined and the green check is only by a couple of the names.

I"m not sure what changed, but I too see 184 members with a green check mark - but no other icons. It's a bit strange that nobody has a photo icon, In Memory icon, or military icon. That green check mark does not necessarily mean that they've joined though...

The green check mark originally said "Profile Contains Information", and that's true here - whether or not that classmate has joined. We have a few classmates who have not been able to join for various reasons but have sent me answers to profile Q/A questions - and even some photos. Editing their profile to enter that info for them triggers the green check mark, and that info can be displayed when you're logged in and view the profile. You're still invited to join (if you are are them) when you click on their name in the Missing list, or when you're logged in and view their profile though.

Sunday, May 2, 2021 at 11:56 AM - Response #7

Thanks to all who answered. I have noticed a couple of odd things on my site.

First, the customized captions for joining the site (such as "name you had in high school" only display in user view not administrator

Second, the green check marks only appear properly for users not administrators.

Third, the wording on the Classmate Contacts/Profiles that the user sees is very strange and does not produce the proper results for me. Deatils are too hard to explain via email.

I am learning to live with these things.

Sunday, May 2, 2021 at 1:24 PM - Response #8

Cindy,

Your comments in Response #7 are intriguing.

You are using the Responsive Design layout while our site uses the older Professional Design #2.

For everything you mentioned in Response #7, on our site I see it exactly the same, and as it should appear, both as an administrator and when logged out.

I wonder if the Responsive Design layout is the problem for you, or if the type of device or browser you are using is the problem?

Edited 05/02/21 5:56 PM
Sunday, May 2, 2021 at 8:07 PM - Response #9

I have responsive and it's not like her description at all. I just messed with my test site to see what happens as I change things.

Then I notice the "LOCK" symbol is not showing for some that locked their data and THAT is not showing either. So that means that icon was not activated in the profile icon option. I just tested and if you turn the icon "off" it no longer shows.

Edited 05/02/21 8:13 PM
Sunday, May 2, 2021 at 10:45 PM - Response #10

Thanks everyone. I believe I have tried just about every variation of the icons, activated and nonactivated and nothing seems to correct my problem Only some classmates who are registered members have green checks in the administrator view. Crazy. But thanks for taking the time to try and help me.

Edited 05/02/21 10:45 PM
Sunday, May 2, 2021 at 11:16 PM - Response #11

Ask Class Creator why there are NO padlocks on profiles that are restricted. Post in BUGS. I'm assuming you enabled that (lock) icon to show. Something is not right on your site- or we have forgotten some option again Smile

Look at this https://www.classcreator.com/Bothell-WA-Bothell-Senior-1961/class_classmates.cfm
Ions galore and you only have ONE and even that apparently is not working as it should be.

Edit: that link was locked, sorry, modified to ours, although prior had custom one added too.

Edited 05/03/21 1:29 AM
Sunday, May 2, 2021 at 11:55 PM - Response #12

Jack, When I look at the link you suggested, the class profile list is locked - so we can't see any icons. But your point is valid. There's a major bug there! None of the rest of us can see what she sees - or what we should be seeing. I wonder if Cindy tried to modify or add some CSS... Or made some change which could have somehow altered site functionality.

Monday, May 3, 2021 at 10:45 AM - Response #13

Thanks for all your help. The only CSS I have changed is to font size and color. I used to be a coder and web developer and there are times I wish I could get into the guts of the program but for obvious reasons we can't all be digging around in there. Smile I believe all the classmates are seeing the proper green checks. It is only me as the administrator who does not see them all. I made a link on the home page that allows users to quickly see who has joined the site, so I think I am good.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.