ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Size of Photos in Gallery

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/25/11 01:07 PM Views: 1435 Replies: 5
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 at 1:07 PM

Greetings!
I have recently uploaded pages our from class yearbooks to our site. The problem; the print is too small to read and there seems not to be a remedy for this other than applying captions. Can you suggest a possible solution?

Edited 05/25/11 1:24 PM
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 at 1:18 PM - Response #1

Don't use the CC gallery feature and also not Image. Gallery resizes to 1000 wide and Image even less.

I upload to a folder called "bigimages" and display them using some code I wrote. Plus they all have a zoom option. There are also other objects that replace the CC thing that use Flash. Takes more time and learning, but all doable.

You can also put each image on a page and link from the special folder. Then you resize them to "fit" on the page, yet you can still make them bigger by zooming. This is the easiest way to start.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 at 1:27 PM - Response #2

Thank you. I will give it a try.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 at 1:39 PM - Response #3

You might also consider uploading pages or the whole yearbook to issuu.com. This company uses Flash to enlarge the pages to fill the screen.

You can see some examples of documents using this feature at THIS SITE

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 at 3:13 PM - Response #4

Thank you very much. I have recently seen this in action.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 at 6:45 PM - Response #5

That's the type of flash stuff I was referring to. There are other similar ones. Maybe someone will show you another one. One advantage is that you preserve your storage on CC, although large images can be stored on Dropbox too.

Just remember, flash doesn't work on iPads or iPodsWink Depends on your audience as to how much an issue this can be. For now, I prefer to avoid flash stuff.

I'd use a combination to give it a bit more custom control.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.