ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

FILE VAULT STORAGE

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/02/10 05:53 PM Views: 1308 Replies: 1
Tuesday, February 2, 2010 at 5:53 PM

I have a silly question and it may have already been asked in here....I am getting low on File Vault Storage and have a minimum amount of space available since I am a grandfathered site and was wondering if I go into the File Vault and start deleting files, will this mess up anything I currently have on my website on some of my tabs? Rolling Eyes

Now that the Photo Gallery has been introduced I imagine I will probably go over my limit once I put in all the photos and newspaper clipping I recently scanned to my computer.

Thanks in advance,
Dawn

Tuesday, February 2, 2010 at 5:57 PM - Response #1

The answer is "Maybe it will mess things up on your site and maybe not". It all depends on if the files are linked to or displayed on any pages. If they are displayed somewhere, after you delete the image, the "Red X" will appear where the graphic is supposed to be because now the browser cannot find the image. If the files are linked to, when someone clicks on the link, they will get a broken-link message (page not found).

I am not sure about grandfathered sites, but when storage goes over the limit a new link will appear in the File Vault to purchase more storage (I think it takes you to the SUBSCRIPTION link and lets you purchase more storage).

Check out this link for an explaination:
http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?messageid=8982CFD1-CEFE-CD0A-C567E2E47A889354#8982CFD1-CEFE-CD0A-C567E2E47A889354

Edited 02/02/10 6:07 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.