ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Visially impaired members

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/09/16 03:26 PM Views: 1215 Replies: 11
Saturday, January 9, 2016 at 3:26 PM

A member of the www.efclassof72.com site is visually impaired (100%). He wanted to send a birthday shout out to a friend yesterday - but was unable to do so.

Here's the message I received:

Due to having to enter numbers which I can’t see and don’t have a listen to link on the Class mates web site I can’t send Edwin a birthday greeting. Most web sites have a listen to link for visually impaired people to be able to send messages. This is to prevent computer generated text that clogs the web site. I will contact the website complaining about the omission of the 'listen to' link.

I have not yet replied to my friend.

Saturday, January 9, 2016 at 3:38 PM - Response #1

Another question - I logged into my www.efclassof72.com site for the 'visually impaired' message thread-------and am curious why my Wachovia Old Gang site is displayed to the left of my message? Curious why/how my orig. post became associated w/ my Wachovia site.

Thanks
Irma

Saturday, January 9, 2016 at 10:04 PM - Response #2

Last time you visited -this- forum you were logged in under Wachovia and still are. If you logout here (see upper right) and then login using the efclass72 credentials next post will show that id. (Or you can clear all cookies.)

Thursday, January 14, 2016 at 7:57 AM - Response #3

Just a reminder this issue hasn't been responded to yet by CC. Thanks.

Thursday, January 14, 2016 at 9:10 AM - Response #4

There are several software vendors that provide text to voice reading of things on your computer. Would this solve the problem for your site member?

Thursday, January 14, 2016 at 9:17 AM - Response #5

My friend is 62 years old and has been blind since he was 27. He has the right kind of computer that meets his needs. He's quite computer savvy. I don't think he would have taken the time to write me if he wasn't convinced it's a restriction within CC that is preventing him.

Friday, January 15, 2016 at 1:25 PM - Response #6

What is the name of the member?

Friday, January 15, 2016 at 5:29 PM - Response #7

Brad - the member is Rick Wells - who is part of the East Forsyth Class of 1972 (www.efclassof72.com)

he was trying to send a Jan 8 birthday message to Edwin Walker.

Friday, February 26, 2016 at 4:46 PM - Response #8

Rick has been added to the list of member_ids who need the visually impaired features.

Friday, February 26, 2016 at 4:51 PM - Response #9

Thanks so much.

As you know - Rick is part of the Class of '72 site I maintain. One of the members of my '73 site is visually impaired. On my www.efhs1973.com site, will you please enable the visually impaired features for Wilbert Banks.

I will call Rick now with the news about the update to his membership on the '72 site.

Thanks much.

Saturday, February 27, 2016 at 8:59 AM - Response #10

Wilbert Banks has been added. Any others?

Saturday, February 27, 2016 at 4:31 PM - Response #11

Thanks much. I'm not aware of others that are in need of these features.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.