ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

(MAC OSX) Safari or Firefox

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/18/09 09:24 PM Views: 1582 Replies: 5
Saturday, July 18, 2009 at 9:24 PM

I'm in the process of transitioning from MS operating systems (going back to the earliest days of DOS, currently Vista) to Apple OSX.   Anyone have input on which browser (Safari or Firefox) is the better to use to update our Classcreator site?

Fortunately, I have IE-ver 8 running under Parallels, so if push comes to shove, I can always revert to that.

Thx. R

Saturday, July 18, 2009 at 10:33 PM - Response #1

I use Firefox for PC and Mac, Safari on both platforms and IE on WinXP and Vista. Minor inconsistencies but basically you can do it on whatever you choose. It didn't used to be so, but in the current version of Class Creator you can edit at the source level with all the above browsers.

Sincerely,
George

Saturday, July 18, 2009 at 10:55 PM - Response #2

That's right. Any of the 4 major browsers should work fine (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome). Most other browsers should also work fine, but those are the 4 we officially support.

Saturday, July 18, 2009 at 10:55 PM - Response #3

Personally if I were you, I'd go with Firefox. It's the most popular web browser out there.

web browser stats

Safari's usage numbers are very small and many web sites don't test for it so you can get unexpected results. I can't speak for all of the classcreator programmers, but I don't have Safari... so I only test on Firefox, IE, and Google Chrome.

(Chrome is pretty awesome, btw.. super fast)

Try Google Chrome Web Browser

Sunday, July 19, 2009 at 8:36 AM - Response #4

I would agree with both George and Brad. I mostly use both IE and Firefox, but Firefox for most sites. The differences between the major browsers are minor. The only thing we ran across was the loading of music from Playlist. For SOME, IE works better with that venue.

Interesting,,I just pulled up the Google browser analysis reports for our site from Jan to now:

Internet Explorer 7,386
Firefox 746
Safari 180
Chrome 7
NetFront 2
Camino 1
Netscape 1
Opera 1

Sunday, July 19, 2009 at 11:16 AM - Response #5

Thanks guys, 'preciate the input. The iMac came with Safari so I started with it but am mostly working in Firefox now.

To Rick: I too like Chrome, unfortunately, I don't think there is a Mac version yet. I used it a fair amount under Windows.

R

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.