ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Photo Gallery links

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/02/10 03:13 PM Views: 1417 Replies: 5
Tuesday, February 2, 2010 at 3:13 PM

I used the Gallery Creator to set up a link to a Photo Gallery 1960 and by using the alternate upload everything working great. I already had a "Photo Gallery" in the Nav Link area. Can I get rid of the old link? Also, is there a way to have "announcements" go to a separate page--they currently go directly to the Home Page? Thanks.
Bob

Tuesday, February 2, 2010 at 3:23 PM - Response #1

Yes, to get rid of the old Gallery just click on Edit Site Pages and deactivate it. Or rename the page to something else and use it for another purpose.

Announcements is an integrated feature on the home page. There's no law that says you need to use it for Announcements though. If you'd like, take that old Gallery page and rename it Announcements. And put all of your Announcements right there. If you do that I'd make sure you put a prominant link on your home page to your Announcement page so Classmates don't miss important announcements.

Edited 02/02/10 3:25 PM
Tuesday, February 2, 2010 at 4:33 PM - Response #2

Thanks very much for the help. Everything with that is fine. I thought I had all the password stuff and what shows on the Home Page clear in my mind but apparently not. Can you tell me how I can avoid having "User Forums" and "In Memory" at the top of the Home Page and "Photo Gallery 1960" plus "Message Forum" on the left navigation area not show until a classmate logs on. In other words I prefer to not have those links show to the general public. Thanks again.
Bob

Tuesday, February 2, 2010 at 4:42 PM - Response #3

What you want to do is not possible (right now). The left-side links always appear to everyone - whether they are logged in or not.

A new "Left-side Menu" Sorting Module will be coming out later this year. Maybe as an enhancement to that module, there can be flags (similar to ANNOUNCEMENTS and HOME PAGE CONTENT) to say if the link is visible to LOGGED IN ONLY, NON-LOGGED IN, or BOTH.

Does this sound like what you are wanting?

Sunday, July 4, 2010 at 11:43 PM - Response #4

We would like to use Gallery Creator, but every time I create a link it shows up in an awkward place on our left nav bar list. Is there any way to control where the link (Photos or whatever we call it) is positioned in the list? Thanks.

Sunday, July 4, 2010 at 11:50 PM - Response #5

No. We're working on a large system overhaul that will allow for that though, including wider designs and dropdown/flyout menus if desired. It's a large task and will take awhile to complete, but that's the next big thing to come out.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.