ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Pay Pal Button

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/02/10 02:18 PM Views: 1346 Replies: 3
Tuesday, February 2, 2010 at 2:18 PM

Brad, I was wondering if I could get your help. I need to add a "Pay Here' button to my Reunion pagethat is tied to Pay Pal, can I do that? I thought ther was on the main page, but it's a Donate button. Under my "Register Here" link under the amount you need to pay for the reunion I wanted to put in a "Pay Here" button. I am terrible at links, I just don't get it very well! I am getting a lot of traffic in the last couple of days and we don't even have everyone in yet (4 more classes to go). People are wanting to know where to go to pay! I set up a pay pal account for our other site www.payette87.com, but I am not sure it works. I have never had anyone us it. How do I know that if someone "Donates" it goes to this site or pays for the reunion. Embarassed

Edited 02/02/10 2:26 PM
Tuesday, February 2, 2010 at 2:48 PM - Response #1

O.K. I had a little panic there for a minute! lol

I read the instructions on reunion payments. I did not read enough to see that the store needed to be used for paying for reunion too. I was thinking that is was only if you had actual items for sell, like t-shirts, coffee mugs, etc! So I set all of that up and I played with it a little, and paypal is not connected into the payment options at all, right....just Donations, right! I don't want to give them the worng information. Did I figure it out! Very Happy Embarassed

Tuesday, February 2, 2010 at 2:53 PM - Response #2

Yes, Donations will drop people right off at PayPal, and of course the only way you'd know if people actually donated or not would be to log into your PayPal account and check. The Reunion Store doesn't "talk" to PayPal currently, so it's not integrated the way credit card processing is integrated, where everything happens automatically. You do have the "Check" and "Other" payment option though, which can be defined to be any payment type of your choice. You can get creative with this if you know how, such as making your own PayPal item code right at PayPal.com and simply dropping it into the "Other" payment box. When you do that buttons or whatever you've put in there will appear on the screen at the time of payment. That works ok but it's not fully automated though, i.e. after receiving a PayPal payment you need go into your Reunion Attendees area and log the payment (Iif you're using the built-in system to manage your accounting, anwyay).

Tuesday, February 2, 2010 at 3:41 PM - Response #3

O.K. everything is clear. Sometimes it's better to just slow down and read everything and then it all works out. But for some reason I just can't get the adding links thing! Oh well, thank you very much for your help! You guys are the greatest! Very Happy

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.