ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Private message to classmate In Memory

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/04/14 01:45 PM Views: 899 Replies: 4
Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at 1:45 PM

We just lost a classmate. Before changing his site to "in memory" I had information about the funeral etc and changed his email to his wife's email so that folks could write privately knowing it would not bounce or not be answered because family might not know his password - but rather, go to his wife. I have just changed the site to the in memory (Walter Colburn) and notice there is no link for his email - the one that said 'send a private email' - am i missing it, or is this an enhancement or is there a work around. Any comments now are only visible on the site - no way to write privately. Maybe I should have waited till after the funeral, but I didn't. Thanks

(I initially posted this but not in forums, so if you find it, this is a duplicate and the other could be deleted)

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at 5:57 PM - Response #1

Since emails will not be sent to email addresses for those members in the In Memory section, my suggestion would be to make the spouse a guest member and have her subscribe to follow the profile from her late husband. Any Notify Me notices for the In Memory comments should be sent to her email address.

Friday, March 7, 2014 at 6:15 PM - Response #2

Thanks - The funeral was today, and I'm trying to set his widow up as a guest. In doing that, - it appears that she can follow any classmates, but regarding the In Memory, she will get ANY comments to ANYONE In Memory - as his name no longer appears in the class list. Is that correct? Did I miss something so she only gets HIS comments? Thanks

Edited 03/07/14 6:17 PM
Saturday, March 8, 2014 at 2:17 PM - Response #3

Dick, I don't know of any way she can get just his In Memory comments. He'll show up in the class profiles list (but not the Notify subscribe list), and clicking there will take people to his In Memory page. In fact, whenever I move someone to In Memory, I also make some small change to their profile (even just the time zone) and save, so it will show up on the home page as a profile update. Those who haven't set their Notify Me options yet will see that, click on it, and go to the In Memory page.

Scott, I don't see any way to subscribe to someone who's been moved to In Memory. The system still allows people to post a comment in his profile (I think that's a bug), but I don't see how anyone would be notified if someone did that instead of posting a comment on his In Memory page - where it belongs at that point.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 at 5:04 PM - Response #4

We don't have a way to subscribe to In Memory members. The only option at this time is to be a Guest Member or Hidden member with the ability to receive the In Memory comment notifications. Yes, that means all of them. So, unfortunately, in the current set up, we can't get this to work exactly as desired. The only other option here would be to have the person bookmark the In Memory page, and check back from time to time. Or, the admin could choose to forward notices of comments when received.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.