ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Widgets

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/27/12 08:37 PM Views: 1583 Replies: 12
Monday, February 27, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Does CC plan on coming up with other type of widgets and not just the playlist generator?

Monday, February 27, 2012 at 10:26 PM - Response #1

Yes. If not, then instead of calling it WIDGETS, they would have called it "MP3 Player".. I don't know what they are, and I haven't heard officially, but logically it makes sense. Plus, when you click the WIDGETS link, it makes you choose the MP3 WIDGET. If there was only going to be one widget (MP3 PLAYER), there would be no 2nd step.

Monday, February 27, 2012 at 10:56 PM - Response #2

If you go to HERE they have hundreds of widgets for your site, a number of which I have put on my site. If you or any other class administrator sees a specific widget that you would like to have from there, just let me know and I can get the code (the pro version without those annoying ads as I subscribe to that site) and i'll be happy to email it to you and you can place it in your page.

-Doug

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 12:31 PM - Response #3

I tried to put the weather widget on my site this a.m.; however, it appeared my home page was completely out of whack....so I deleted it. I need to try again later! Any hints on this would help.

Also, I like that cow on Doug's website. Where can I find that?

Thanks.

Patsy

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 1:11 PM - Response #4

Hi Patsy.... First of all, you can copy and paste that cow and use it all you like. The originator of that actually goes to Bonita from the Class of '67, Sunnyvale High School on here. As far as the weather widget you are talking about, I don't know what happened with that in regards to messing up your home page, but if you can tell me exactly which one it is (they have many different versions) I'll be happy to get you the pro version of it without the ads. I'll send you the html code for it. You may want to check out my weather widget on my home page....It's quite unique and different from all the rest i've seen. Check it out and you'll see what i mean.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 1:59 PM - Response #5

I had tried to copy the cow without results. But I tried again, and I have it. Thank you Bonita. Doug, I like your weather widget, and I will take the easy way out and let you send me the pro version. I need it for Victoria, Texas. You are really being helpful by letting me steal your ideas! Your website is great! Thanks a bunch.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 2:16 AM - Response #6

Doug,

You are very kind, indeed!

I can not stop and peruse the offerings ... there are so many... until before our TAP chat tomorrow eve or after. I can't wait to get lost there. If I look now, I'll miss that thing called sleep.

Thanks for the offer, Doug! Smile

Edited 02/29/12 2:27 AM
Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 9:46 AM - Response #7

Anytime Gwen... Just let me know. It is a very cool site though. have fun!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 4:57 PM - Response #8

Firstly, I've been able to find widgets throughout different sites to put on mine. Would just be easier to do if CC had one. In my opinion anyway.

Secondly, I don't know if it's just me but gee whiz Kyle it seems as if some of your comments as of late have been quite sarcastic or critical.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 4:59 PM - Response #9

Sorry, Jamie. I am just telling what I know. The ones who know haven't told me anything yet. They will probably work on more widgets after they release the remainder of the ClassCreator 3.0 code.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 4:59 PM - Response #10

I just clicked on your site Doug...You know guys do Pinterest too....lol

Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 6:02 PM - Response #11

I just tried putting a weather widget on our home page. I thought that it was the type that anyone could type in their location and it would show the weather for that area. But it didn't do that, it just showed my home. Is there one where anyone can type in their area or another area using a zip code to get the weather for that state or city?
Arlene

Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 6:04 PM - Response #12

Thanks. Cool site you have.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.