ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Log Out Not Clearing Name Out

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/31/08 08:31 PM Views: 1394 Replies: 1
Wednesday, December 31, 2008 at 8:31 PM

One member will log out of a session but his name stays on the active list. If he trys to log on again the progran says he is still logged on. He is unable to look at some profiles or even post to a "In Memory Of"

I thought this was the cookie problem. I had him log off, shut down his pc and log on again but this did not help. He was logged off but as soon as he logged on again he could not get his name off of the ON Line Screen.
I can not make this happen so I am stumped.

Thanks

Wednesday, December 31, 2008 at 8:41 PM - Response #1

It would be impossible for him to try logging on again and get a message that he's already logged on. If he's logged on there would be no login box displaying, not to mention no such message exists in the system. So I'm afraid ya got me on that one. What I can tell you though is whatever is happening here is almost for sure a cookie problem. Did you have the Classmate actually clear his cookies? Shuting down his browser probably isn't enough. Have him actually clear his browser's cookies, then shut down the browser, open it back up again, and try logging in again. I suspect after doing this the problem will be solved. If it's not see if he can duplicate this problem using any other browser. Maybe he's changed his browser settings or implemented super high security settings or something like that. Most likely it's just a cookie issue though.

Edited 12/31/08 8:42 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.