ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Larger font in Responsive Design

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/05/17 08:34 PM Views: 1122 Replies: 9
Friday, May 5, 2017 at 8:34 PM

I'm finally switching to Responsive Design, and I wondered if there is a way to increase the size of the font titles.

Thanks,
Carole

Saturday, May 6, 2017 at 10:16 PM - Response #1

Yes, I wish I could change the size of the font on the left-hand navigator. Also I'd like to change the height of the bar around top navigator.

Saturday, May 6, 2017 at 11:27 PM - Response #2

You can change all of that, however, you need to modify the CSS used. This modifies ALL instances where that style is used - h2 for the "titles" on the top of pages.

Put this on a TEST page to see how it looks. Then if you like it, put this in preferences to change ALL the pages. Modify the color and the size to what you want. I just put the color there for kicks. You could also change the font used.

The left hand side is trickier since you'll affect sizing and all that stuff. Better leave that alone for now, although it could be done too.

P.S. This is for RESPONSIVE DESIGN only. Classic is actually easier, you just need h2 redefined

Edited 05/07/17 12:10 AM
Monday, May 8, 2017 at 11:45 AM - Response #3

Thanks for your solution. I decided to take the easy way and I added the desired size font to the photo for the web header to get what I wanted.

Again, thanks!
Carole

Monday, May 8, 2017 at 3:41 PM - Response #4

Thank you for the tip!

Monday, May 8, 2017 at 10:02 PM - Response #5

Hi Carole,
I would love to know how you put the yearbooks on your site and the information you have in the "Afraid to Ask" as there are so many that still have no clue on how to use the website.
Esther Letbetter

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 12:52 PM - Response #6

You would need to scan the yearbook and crop the images for the individual members. I would save each with their name for easy upload. Then, you would go to the Manage Classmates > Enter / Edit Classmates > Edit Profile for the member > Hover over the yearbook image location and click Select > Then click Upload Photo to add the image to the profile.

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 7:28 PM - Response #7

I did that a long time ago. I have the 3 yearbooks scanned, but wanted to put them on the website just like you were looking through them. I tried Issuu, but they are expensive.

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 11:22 AM - Response #8

"I tried Issuu, but they are expensive." ... they used to have a free option. I think all you need is their Basic Free option.

Thursday, August 24, 2017 at 8:21 AM - Response #9

Hi Carole:
I have just now started to use the responsive design. I think the legacy design looks better but was wondering how you like using it?

Thanks!!

Christi
www.spencergreenwaves.com

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.