ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Covid at the Reunion

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/07/21 02:42 PM Views: 96 Replies: 3
Tuesday, September 7, 2021 at 2:42 PM

I would love to see some responses if there are any. 5 classmates and 2 spouses (out of 130 or so) tested positive, and we had responses from classmate doctors and every expert as to what to do. Some were extreme and others took it easy. I was one and I had such light symptoms that I personally wondered if it was a false positive, since hubby was negative. We'll never know. I'd like to hear from those who might have experienced this and what they did.

Thanks guys.
Denise

Saturday, September 18, 2021 at 9:00 PM - Response #1

Our 50th reunion has been cancelled twice.
We have had a few test positive - none have had the vaccine, and all have had lengthy recoveries.
Just yesterday, Friday, I got word that another classmate has been in the ICU with Covid for some time now, and according to his brother, it is not looking good.
Not sure if this is the type of information you are looking for.

Saturday, September 18, 2021 at 9:07 PM - Response #2

Steve,

I had no preconceived ideas, it's just out there and what has happened to people.

We had about 130 people, and it's been crazy. About 12 positive tests, not all got sick. We've had maybe two or three hospitalized. We had people get sick, and test negative. Go figure!

We had people say we should cancel it and some didn't come, but obviously some did. We just figured it's not going to just end. BTW these people were all vaccinated fully. I know we had someone that wasn't vaccinated there and I just stayed away from him, but he never had any problem at all.

Just wondering what others had happen. If anything.

Denise

Sunday, September 19, 2021 at 12:27 AM - Response #3

We were set to have our 50th/51st reunion on Oct. 9, 2021 (postponed due to Covid last year), but the surge in Covid in Hampden County in Massachusetts, resulting in a rating of High/Substantial for Covid spread, caused us to cancel our reunion two days ago.

Our reunion committee was split, with four wanting to cancel and one gung-ho to have it. Several of our classmates were concerned, that even though they were vaccinated, they might pick up a breakthrough case at the reunion, and pass it on to their grandkids, so they opted not to attend. In the end, we felt the health and safety of our classmates was the most important factor in determining whether to have our reunion or not, and opted to postpone until at least next year.

Edited 09/19/21 12:33 AM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.