ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Suggestion for New Feature - Latest Activity

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/10/11 06:32 PM Views: 1210 Replies: 3
Sunday, April 10, 2011 at 6:32 PM

To keep up interest in the three different sites for which I am Administrator, I weekly post an Announcement at the top of my HomePage describing, and providing Links to the most recent activity.
This is to make it esier for Members to go to pages that have changed since their last visit.
Changes are automatically recorded for New and Updated Profiles - but not for new Photo albums, nor especially, Discussion Forum updates, replies and New Topics.
Most members do not have the skills or inclination to pick through discussion forums to get their updates, nor are they advised of these unless they have subscribed to them.
I know you are on the brink of major updates to CC 3.0, but what would it take to get an automatic update "Latest activity" feature going?
I am a member of a local community website http://bowegover.ning.com/ which has such a "Latest Activity" feature which is powered by a standard and not particularly feature-rich software (name appears at the bottom of their page.)
Any chance??
Michael

Sunday, April 10, 2011 at 8:06 PM - Response #1

While on this subject, I was wondering if we could have a feature capability added showing the most recent classmate visitors to our sites listed by first and last names, along with dates and times, like other sites such as Classmates.com used to incorporate into standard site features.

Sunday, April 10, 2011 at 8:13 PM - Response #2

Gary - if I understand your question correctly, that feature already exists.
Just go to Statistics then under the Bar Chart click on "List users and last login dates"

Michael

Sunday, April 10, 2011 at 8:40 PM - Response #3

Michael: Keep this in the back of your mind and hit me with it again after you've seen the upcoming Notify Me feature. Notify Me is a way for Classmates to get notices sent whenever things happen on the site that are of interest to them. Notices are sent via email and should be even better than something that appears on the site itself. I'm not opposed to something on the site too if it makes sense, let's just take a look at the Notify Me feature first and then see what other needs and desires are out there for a module that appears on the site.

Gary: This came up in the past and was voted down. Reason being many Classmates visit the site several times a day. If every visit is logged and reported publicly the concern was it may lessen members' desires to return to the site more frequently.

Michael: That's correct. Of course only the Admins can see this, as opposed to having the info available for all members to see.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.