ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

banners not displaying

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/23/08 09:10 AM Views: 1346 Replies: 6
Tuesday, September 23, 2008 at 9:10 AM

I had banners on my site last night and now today they do not show up. Any idea whats going on?

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 at 4:40 PM - Response #1

Sorry, need more information to go on here.

What were the banners? What page were they on? Did you upload them yourself? Or were they banners that you generated at a third party system and inserted via source code? Give me the whole scoop so I can investigate further.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 at 11:19 PM - Response #2

Sorry about that. . . . it is on my home page, very top. I see it fine now yet my friend only sees an advertisement to get a banner. It was done 3rd party with a code at "mybannermaker.com"

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 at 11:29 PM - Response #3

It's just an animated GIF. I don't see why 100% of people wouldn't be seeing it... In any case, just a suggestion, I'd drag that image down to about half the size it is currently, as it's blowing out your home page.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 6:44 AM - Response #4

How do I do that. . . I went in to Source and looked at the code. . no numbers like 410 to reduce to 300 or anything. Strange. I've reduced other images etc. . . but cannot find a way to reduce this.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 4:42 PM - Response #5

Just click on the banner and then drag the image handles. I did it for you until it fit.

Note, you can click it again and drag it out larger if you want to -- it's pretty small now. But, fair warning, if you drag it out any larger than it is now, you'll break your site for Firefox users.

When something is too large to fit into the space you're putting it into, all 3 major browsers behave differently when dealing with that problem. Firefox just bumps content down on the page until the first place it will fit. Thus all of your content starts WAY down the page if you make that banner any larger.

More info about this issue is available in this thread.

Edited 09/24/08 4:43 PM
Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 5:01 PM - Response #6

Thank you tons!!!!!

Edited 09/24/08 5:20 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.