ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Almost had to cancel, now want to include other classes...

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/06/12 02:45 AM Views: 1160 Replies: 2
Friday, July 6, 2012 at 2:45 AM

So incredibly frustrated right now! Sad We nearly canceled our main event due to low ticket sales (18 tickets), but found out we would still have to pay a huge amount even if we canceled at this point. (Reunion is July 28th)

So we are trying to salvage it... we cut some costs and lowered the price, and we are inviting any other classes that want to come.

Would it be best to just add each person from other classes as guests? Or should/can we change our site to a multi-year site?
How does that work?

Thanks so much,
Rita

Edited 07/06/12 2:46 AM
Friday, July 6, 2012 at 12:34 PM - Response #1

I've seen this done both ways. If you think that you are going to gain a lot of new members by opening your site up to other years, you may want to move to the multi year model. Another benefit would be that the system could then be used by other years for continued / future events on their milestone reunion years. If you are only talking a hand full of new members, I would not switch.

If you do decide to switch, I would start by trying to gather the names of the classmates in the 2 years before and after your graduation year and uploading their entire lists into the system. You will find that you will be able to more easily build your membership using this method. Additionally, you should consider contacting people who you think might be willing to help as Co-Admins that you can have manage the classmates from the additional years. Additionally, you can have everyone spread this information via other Social Media outlets so that you get the word out faster.

Again, if you are going to go the route of multi-year, I would go "all out" and do it right. I think it will be well worth the effort.

Saturday, July 7, 2012 at 5:19 PM - Response #2

Thank you! I will see how much response we get from other classes before I decide.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.