ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Facebook App Hooking to Live Database Today

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/16/13 01:31 PM Views: 5397 Replies: 83
Monday, September 16, 2013 at 1:31 PM

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR ALL FACEBOOK BETA TESTERS:

We have spent the last month going through your comments and making updates to the app. Many fixes are now in place and some new features as well (check out the new right Module Management feature and the new Easy Invite Tool!).

TODAY we are hooking up the app to the LIVE database. The app will still be sandboxed however. It's very important you understand what this means:

Pointing to live: Later this week when we complete the move to the live database, anything you do inside the app WILL also affect your live Class Creator web site. Thus make sure anything you're doing in there you also want to do on your live web site.

Sandbox mode: Although we will be pointing to the live database this week, the app itself will remain sandboxed for the moment, which means that only you, the beta testers, can use it still. Make sure you don't invite classmates or Facebook friends to the app yet. If you do they will not be able to join until after we've unsandboxed the app.

What's important now: After we point to live today it would be very helpful if you try doing some of your routine Administrator functions from the app. For instance, create a Photo Gallery from the app, and also see how this impacts your live web site. Build a poll from the app instead of from your site. Build a survey from the app instead of from your site. Create a new page from the app instead of from your site. Etc.

The goal of course is to make sure everything works correctly. E.G. if you make a brand new page from the app, it should look and work correctly -- not just on the app, but also on your Class Creator site. All data is shared between Class Creator and Class Connection of course, so anything you do in one place should have the same effect in the other place. Try it in reverse too. E.G. create a page on your web site, and make sure this same new page gets created and displays properly in the app.

Pointing to live this week WILL cause new issues we'll need to sort out. From here what we'll do is keep hitting all issues reported until the app is working in very good harmony with your private web site.

When all of you agree that we've reached this point of harmony we'll UNSANDBOX the app and make it live to the Facebook world!

Thanks again to all of the beta testers in there volunteering your time to make Class Creator/Class Connection better. We truly appreciate every one of you for helping us with this.

Edited 09/16/13 1:34 PM
Monday, September 16, 2013 at 1:36 PM - Response #1

FYI I will post again here when it's ok to go back into the app. All beta testers will need to rejoin from scratch from the Class Connection login screen. PLEASE REMEMBER: From here on out anything you do WILL affect your live Class Creator web site.

Monday, September 16, 2013 at 1:43 PM - Response #2

Brad,

I have been too ill to think about working with this, although I had intended to. I know you are overwhelmed at the moment, but is ANYONE thinking about doing a webinar on this?

I have classmates that are vehemently opposed to Facebook and I want to be thoroughly educated in this whole setup before even considering it, and I want to be able to tell them that Class Creator does NOT hook them up to Facebook.

Thanks for all you do.

Denise

Monday, September 16, 2013 at 2:05 PM - Response #3

I am not sure if our site is able to comply with all of these new things. Do I have to do anything to make it work for my site. Also, I have missed a lot. Does this have anything to do wit the FB applications in the future. I am a novice and we do very simple things on the site. Could you lend me a hand? Thanks
With my compliments,
Neil Howard
PS, would switching to BBCode be worthwhile for me?
Stupid question for you guys. I know you are scratching your little programmer heads and saying;what an idiot. Don't feel bad, my son tells me the same thing. Just trying to get information

Edited 09/16/13 2:06 PM
Monday, September 16, 2013 at 2:40 PM - Response #4

Heh, Neil. Smile I tell ya what: Let's keep this particular thread to strictly the current Facebook beta testers. They're already in there, understand how it all works, and what they need to do next is help us ensure everything is working properly with the live database.

A couple of promises for you:

1) I promise this will all be easy. People are quite free to hate Facebook if they wish. Because the app works in harmony with the site people using the site now can just keep doing that. There is no requirement whatsoever for classmates to use Facebook even if you open up your site to the app.

2) I promise we'll have ample webinars and training (I'm thinking Google Hangouts that are recorded and available for all) before we ever "unsandbox" the app and make it live to the entire system. Nobody will wind up with a Facebook app they don't understand.

What you're going to find in the end is Class Connection is simply Class Creator running on Facebook. It's still all of our same stuff. There will be nothing confusing about this when all is said and done.

Monday, September 16, 2013 at 2:52 PM - Response #5

Hi Brad,
As a beta tester will there be an icon on my site to access this new option?
Dave

Monday, September 16, 2013 at 4:11 PM - Response #6

Class Connection should be listed in your Facebook apps, yes. An even easier way to find the app is just type "Class Connection" in the white search box at the top of the page. Class Connection will pop up then just click on it. Again you'll need to rejoin after we're on the live database. We're currently waiting on a small issue in the datacenter before completing our hook to the live database.

Monday, September 16, 2013 at 4:20 PM - Response #7

Denise, Please do not be concerned about this. We'll be sure to help you out... even one-on-one, if you wish. Smile Take care of yourself because we are looking forward to your regular postings when you get on the other side of things.

Monday, September 16, 2013 at 6:16 PM - Response #8

Thanks Brad. Looking forward to seeing it.

Monday, September 16, 2013 at 6:22 PM - Response #9

Denise Derge wrote:

Brad,

I have classmates that are vehemently opposed to Facebook and I want to be thoroughly educated in this whole setup before even considering it, and I want to be able to tell them that Class Creator does NOT hook them up to Facebook.

Denise

I have classmates that are definitely opposed also; and whatever I do to let them know their information is safe, one classmate said if I go on to Facebook, he will remove certain things from his Profile. I guess he has had a bad experience at some point.

I very much want to link over to Facebook, as I am certain that I will be able to find a lot of classmates that have never joined our website.

But, my wanting to Facebook connect, does not negate my need to some how convince the 'die hards' that nothing released to the general Facebook crowd.

Edited 09/16/13 6:25 PM
Monday, September 16, 2013 at 7:30 PM - Response #10

Derrell,

As I write to my classmates, I say to you...

As Warriors, we go into battle together. We'll make it through this - just wait!

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 9:53 AM - Response #11

Hi Brad,

A couple early observations:
1) I was able to get into the app fine.
2) On the list of things to do, it suggests inviting others. I thought we were restricted to only beta testers at this point...what am I missing.
3) The list of things to do disappeared when I moved around the site.
4) My admin tools link is not working...I suspect this is how I would get back to the list of things to do.

Looking forward to seeing how this all works.

thanks

Dave

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 4:30 PM - Response #12

2) All features you're looking at will soon be live. Thus while you could actually use the Easy Invite Tool right now, you'd only be inviting people to a sandboxed app they cannot yet join. I.E. don't use the Easy Invite Tool until we have officially launched (unsandboxed) the app.

3) When your links fly up there is a link back to Next Steps (it's the third link from the bottom). I see your admin tools at the top as well. We were working on this this morning. If you're still not seeing your admin tools please log out of the app and log back in.

Wow you guys are fast. Several of you have already joined the live database even before I said to do that. Smile No problem though! Glad to have you guys in there and connected to live!

Dave Shellenbarger wrote:

Hi Brad,

A couple early observations:
1) I was able to get into the app fine.
2) On the list of things to do, it suggests inviting others. I thought we were restricted to only beta testers at this point...what am I missing.
3) The list of things to do disappeared when I moved around the site.
4) My admin tools link is not working...I suspect this is how I would get back to the list of things to do.

Looking forward to seeing how this all works.

thanks

Dave

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 4:33 PM - Response #13

We are now connected to the LIVE DATABASE! From here we just need to sort out any remaining issues. We had to make significant updates to our database to allow for this and I do see some issues in there already. Please go ahead and report anything you see here in this forum.

Beta testers please go to apps.facebook.com/classconnection and rejoin your class! You should instantly be the Administrator and see the Administrator "Next Steps" list. You of course have completed all of these steps already, but this is what new Administrators will see when first joining.

Again whatever issues you find please report them here. We will work diligently on this over the coming weeks and if all goes well I'd like to get the app officially launched and live to the public in October. So existing! Thanks again beta testers!

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 4:59 PM - Response #14
capture_001_17092013_141037.jpg

I am still not recognized as being logged in and am asked to do so whenever I go to a password protected page or try to edit a page. When I do log on I'm taken directly to my CC site and am no longer in the FB app.

[Edit] Perhaps this has something to do with it, see attached. The login from FB has to be Fc.

Edited 09/17/13 5:13 PM
Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 7:38 PM - Response #15

I am not finding my site. Sad
I've tried where I have it set on CC: McHenry-West Campus. Then I tried where it should be McHenry Community. (I need to get you info on this... probably year span.) Neither worked. No site pages. Option to become the Site Administrator.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 8:15 PM - Response #16

Brad,

Due to some health issues, I was not able to participate in the Pre Beta testing as I wanted to.

I recall there were Facebook site numbers you needed to get started, which is probably not the case since you are going live data.

I don't find any 'Class Connection' links (I assume I am supposed to look for that on Facebook????).

Can you provide a little "getting started" step by step checklist?

Better late than never, I guess. Very Happy

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 11:24 PM - Response #17

FC thanks for your patience. Can you please try this:

1) Go to your Facebook settings and click Account Settings, then Apps, then Delete the Class Connection app.

2) Now go to apps.facebook.com/classconnection and try rejoining.

This should give you a totally clean start. If this doesn't work let me know and I'd like to get a screen grab from you. Let's try this first though. Thanks.

F C Bock wrote:

I am still not recognized as being logged in and am asked to do so whenever I go to a password protected page or try to edit a page. When I do log on I'm taken directly to my CC site and am no longer in the FB app.

[Edit] Perhaps this has something to do with it, see attached. The login from FB has to be Fc.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 11:42 PM - Response #18

This was kinda funny. Smile Now wasn't it Gwen? Isn't usability something? What seems obvious to one person isn't obvious at all to another. Thus your "overlooking" the Change Class button here allowed us to make the app better. We'll just remove that button and launch the new class based upon selecting the year from the dropdown. Confusion go bye bye. There ya go. Smile

Gwen Corey wrote:

I've tried where I have it set on CC: McHenry-West Campus. Then I tried where it should be McHenry Community. (I need to get you info on this... probably year span.) Neither worked. No site pages. Option to become the Site Administrator.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 11:43 PM - Response #19

If you send me your Facebook numeric ID I'll invite you to join the beta pool Derrell. You won't find Class Connection by typing it into Facebook unless you're a beta tester. After you're a beta tester you can type it in and see it, or you can simply go directly to apps.facebook.com/classconnection

Derrell Pulis wrote:

Brad,

Due to some health issues, I was not able to participate in the Pre Beta testing as I wanted to.

I recall there were Facebook site numbers you needed to get started, which is probably not the case since you are going live data.

I don't find any 'Class Connection' links (I assume I am supposed to look for that on Facebook????).

Can you provide a little "getting started" step by step checklist?

Better late than never, I guess. Very Happy

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 at 12:14 AM - Response #20

After you told me to click on that CHANGE CLASS button, I was embarassed. Yet as I told you, I did not want to change my class year... I had it right. So thanks for removing that. I feel soooo much better now. LOL Cool

Brad Switzer wrote:

This was kinda funny. Smile Now wasn't it Gwen? Isn't usability something? What seems obvious to one person isn't obvious at all to another. Thus your "overlooking" the Change Class button here allowed us to make the app better. We'll just remove that button and launch the new class based upon selecting the year from the dropdown. Confusion go bye bye. There ya go. Smile

Gwen Corey wrote:

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 at 12:16 AM - Response #21

Brad Switzer wrote:

1) Go to your Facebook settings and click Account Settings, then Apps, then Delete the Class Connection app.

This should give you a totally clean start. If this doesn't work let me know and I'd like to get a screen grab from you. Let's try this first though. Thanks.

I deleted the Class Connection app. I went to apps.facebook.com/classconnection and was taken directly to my CC site on Facebook. No rejoining, no log on, no nothing. Everything still the same vis a vis access. Class Connection does not show up on my apps list. I'm ready to get any screen shot you'd like.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 at 12:18 AM - Response #22

Hm, FC. Your screenshot is not there.
"Oops. Attachment could not be found."

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 at 10:32 AM - Response #23

If you did that countless others would have as well. I can totally see why you'd think that -- makes perfect sense. Every little confusing thing we get out of there the better.

Gwen Corey wrote:

After you told me to click on that CHANGE CLASS button, I was embarassed. Yet as I told you, I did not want to change my class year... I had it right. So thanks for removing that. I feel soooo much better now. LOL Cool

Brad Switzer wrote:

Gwen Corey wrote:

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 at 10:49 AM - Response #24

F C I emailed you a video.

F C Bock wrote:

Brad Switzer wrote:

I deleted the Class Connection app. I went to apps.facebook.com/classconnection and was taken directly to my CC site on Facebook. No rejoining, no log on, no nothing. Everything still the same vis a vis access. Class Connection does not show up on my apps list. I'm ready to get any screen shot you'd like.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 at 12:10 PM - Response #25

I need a short bit of advise on setting up my Facebook site for Class Connection. I am fairly computer savvy, but have not much experience with Facebook.

I had a Facebook account, but I don't believe I set it up correctly some time back when we started discussing Class Connection. So, I deleted that account and want to add a new one now. Therein my question to get this right this time.

At www.facebook.com, it opens with a Sign Up at top, Personal account. Below that there is a link for "Create a Page for a Celebrity, Band, or Business". I assume that might be the better choice to set my Class Connection site. When there, it shows screen for various functions; i.e. - Company, Organization, or Institution. There are several others including also Cause or Community.

I have stopped there, waiting for a little advise where best to setup my Facebook account for Class Connection. Am I on the right track to get this correct this time; and any suggestions as I proceed further?

Edited 09/18/13 12:11 PM
Wednesday, September 18, 2013 at 3:54 PM - Response #26

Derrell - if you set up a new Facebook account, I believe you will need to retrieve the FB ID for that account so that Brad can get you back into the Beta program.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 at 7:02 PM - Response #27

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

Derrell - if you set up a new Facebook account, I believe you will need to retrieve the FB ID for that account so that Brad can get you back into the Beta program.

Probably so. I was mostly wondering, since I am not very familiar with Facebook, which new account option is best to take; i.e. - A live human Personal Account, or use the Create a Page for a Business Community or Institution.

Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 2:11 PM - Response #28

Personal.

Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 7:13 PM - Response #29

I was able to log on before you went live but now I can't find the log in screen. Would you help me please.
Dave

Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 9:10 PM - Response #30

apps.facebook.com/classconnection

Friday, September 20, 2013 at 10:24 AM - Response #31

This is the message I get when I click on the link you sent.

Sorry, this page isn't available
The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed.

Go back to the previous page · Go to the Facebook homepage · Visit the Help Center.

Friday, September 20, 2013 at 1:37 PM - Response #32

Are you working on my problem. I get worried when I don't get a response.
Thanks,
Dave

Friday, September 20, 2013 at 2:06 PM - Response #33

Oops you're not a beta tester. That link will only currently work for Class Connection beta testers.

Friday, September 20, 2013 at 2:16 PM - Response #34

Brad,

I signed up to be beta testers but that explains why I can't get on. I'll just wait for the announcment that it is online.

Thanks,
Dave

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:54 PM - Response #35
class connection screen.png

Yesterday, I was able to access Class Connection as a beta tester. I can see my screens just fine for Class of 1961.

I am a little confused though. When I accessed first time, system did as supposed to by authenticating me with my password as Root Admin.

The only left sidebar menus are to view things. Where are the Member Functions section, and also how to I use Admin Functions since the menus are not obvious to me to see on normal left bar.

Screen Capture attached.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:01 PM - Response #36
class connection screen.png

Derrell Pulis (60) wrote:

Yesterday, I was able to access Class Connection as a beta tester. I can see my screens just fine for Class of 1961.

I am a little confused though. When I accessed first time, system did as supposed to by authenticating me with my password as Root Admin.

The only left sidebar menus are to view things. Where are the Member Functions section, and also how to I use Admin Functions since the menus are not obvious to me to see on normal left bar.

Screen Capture attached.

Sorry, I just found them on the right side dropdown arrow on my classmate icon............one of the menus is Administrator Tools.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:22 PM - Response #37

Yup! Trying to keep things a bit tidier on the app. As you said using left side for content links only. Just curious, do you like where the links are located? Or would you suggest any other location on the app?

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 6:06 PM - Response #38

Brad Switzer wrote:

Yup! Trying to keep things a bit tidier on the app. As you said using left side for content links only. Just curious, do you like where the links are located? Or would you suggest any other location on the app?

Yes, nice place to put the menu as you did. Although, am I correct to assume that for regular Classmates the menu on right will then be for the normal Member Functions? Haven't seen that, as I am logged in as Admin. That also would be logical place to place, but will involve a 'learning factor' for the classmates.

Which brings up a question now that I think about it. In Class Connection, I logged in as my Root Admin Status. I have another "member" called "Test Classmate" or something like that. I use that to verify what I expect the classmate to see. Hence, in Class Connections, what is involved in "logging out" and "logging back in"? Just click at same location to Log Out, followed by restart Class Connection to log otherwise as different person? How will this effect married classmates of same class, that use same email and Stay Logged In?

Whoa! And would Class Connections require these married classmates keep "separate" Facebook accounts? Sorry, I know quite a lot about computers and software, but Facebook is new to me as I have stayed away from it until now.

Edited 09/24/13 6:09 PM
Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 9:14 PM - Response #39

Yes, regular classmate members will see the menu in the same location. You see all the member links now actually. They're all the links that aren't under your Admin links. Smile

You can't log out of Class Connection and log in as somebody else. Class Connection is a Facebook app thus it's tied to your Facebook page. Thus you'd need to log out of Facebook, log back into Facebook as somebody else, then go back to the app.

Married classmates using the same email address would need to have independent Facebook accounts if they want to use 2 accounts on your class web site. I.E. thus the fact they share an email address isn't relevant here at all.

Friday, September 27, 2013 at 9:27 PM - Response #40

When clicking on "Show Classmates on map" another small window opens just as it does when on the CC site itself. However, I don't get the notification that it make take some time to load and it remains blank. Locations will show up if one selects state by state information. Under the country selection I have USA(144), Canada(1) and Thailand(1). I get locations if I select either Canada or Thailand but get a blank page if I select USA.

Friday, September 27, 2013 at 9:53 PM - Response #41

Thanks F C.

Saturday, September 28, 2013 at 12:00 AM - Response #42

The "Photos" tab opens the page "Photos recently added by Classmates" containing recently posted profile pictures. I see no way of controlling access to that page. Is it controlled by the privacy setting of the classmates profile?

Saturday, September 28, 2013 at 12:16 AM - Response #43

That's a great question. The answer is it will be. Thanks F C.

Saturday, September 28, 2013 at 1:25 PM - Response #44

On my home page (and on some others) I have links to other pages on the site. When I click on one of those it takes me to the CC site. There may be no way to have this display within the FB app but it might be confusing for those accessing the site via Class Connection.

Saturday, September 28, 2013 at 4:01 PM - Response #45

Ah, another great question. What's happening here is you are using an "absolute" link. For instance, the link to your old time radio page is:

http://www.classcreator.com/Springfield-VT-1958/Old-Time-Radio.htm

Instead you can use a relative link. Just make that long link only this:

Old-Time-Radio.htm

This will work perfectly on both your site and in the app. I went ahead and did this link for you. Check it out. You can do the same with all the rest to keep the user within the app if that's where he or she is hitting the page from.

Saturday, September 28, 2013 at 4:12 PM - Response #46

Thanks for the input. Works like a charm.

Saturday, September 28, 2013 at 7:18 PM - Response #47

"Show Classmates on map" working now.

1) I don't see a link to post announcements.

2) Gallery slide shows get pushed down the page. It's not intuitive that you have to scroll down to see it.

Sunday, September 29, 2013 at 1:34 AM - Response #48

Announcements should be up this coming week.

What page are you having an issue with that contains a slideshow?

Sunday, September 29, 2013 at 10:55 AM - Response #49

Used Jing to show page on which I was having slideshow difficulty. Can view here.

Sunday, September 29, 2013 at 11:15 AM - Response #50

Ah, a very good catch! Thanks sooo much F C! Very helpful.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 at 11:25 PM - Response #51

Brad Switzer wrote:

Ah, another great question. What's happening here is you are using an "absolute" link. For instance, the link to your old time radio page is:

http://www.classcreator.com/Springfield-VT-1958/Old-Time-Radio.htm

Instead you can use a relative link. Just make that long link only this:

Old-Time-Radio.htm

This will work perfectly on both your site and in the app. I went ahead and did this link for you. Check it out. You can do the same with all the rest to keep the user within the app if that's where he or she is hitting the page from.

I just noticed that it isn't necessary any longer to use a relative link. An absolute link appears to work just fine. A recent modification I take it.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 12:53 AM - Response #52

Yes. Based on the scenario you raised it was clear numerous other admins will have also used absolute links. So I asked programming to strip absolutely links on the app and auto make them relative, thus solving this problem for everyone else before it becomes a problem to begin with. And here lies the value of beta testers. Had you not personally raised this the app would have gone live with absolute links in place as nobody here had considered this... We would have eventually done this same thing but not before numerous people experienced a problem. So I thank you.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 3:57 PM - Response #53

The gallery slide show is now displaying properly. I realize space on the app is more restrictive than the CC site but it's too bad that those viewing via FB won't always see the full size picture.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 4:49 PM - Response #54

That's probably fixable. Looks like a z-order priority issue to me vs just changing max width. I actually have something that could demonstrate a solution, but I'm not a FB tester because our site is not stock width.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 9:12 PM - Response #55

Space is actually precisely the same. The body area on your class site is exactly 685 pixels. The body area on the app is exactly 685 pixels. Thus there shouldn't be any difference in how your page content displays.

F C Bock wrote:

The gallery slide show is now displaying properly. I realize space on the app is more restrictive than the CC site but it's too bad that those viewing via FB won't always see the full size picture.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 9:42 PM - Response #56

This is the difference in size to which I'm referring. First is picture on CC site, second; FB.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 9:51 PM - Response #57

Ah! Thank you! On Class Creator images are on top at the full 1,000 pixels. Inside app being constrained to 685 instead of 1,000 floating on top. Easy fix. Marked it low priority though -- but it'll be hit. Thanks so much!

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 10:04 PM - Response #58
capture_001_02102013_190148.jpg

I just noticed that links to all pages are showing in the left hand column irrespective of being active or not. A transitory condition?

Thursday, October 3, 2013 at 3:33 PM - Response #59

I'll be sure Brad sees this.

Thursday, October 3, 2013 at 7:31 PM - Response #60

When in the Facebook integration app, are we supposed to see a Facebook generated tab, on the right side, for advertisements and other things, that covers part of our view of our class website? (I've asked about this many weeks ago and the tab column is still covering over part of our site.) Can this column be minimized so we see the portions of our site being blocked from view?

Edited 10/03/13 7:35 PM
Thursday, October 3, 2013 at 7:32 PM - Response #61

Survey results show on screen just fine in the CC web version. However, sample of screen reporting results gets cut off in the Class Connection. It should have 4 names showing at bottom, and actually cuts in to half the name for classmate #2.

Note: Only Administrators can see individual Classmate answers below by clicking Show/Hide. Classmates can not see other Classmates' survey answers even if you have set your survey results visibility to "All Classmates" — they can only see collective class results. If you have set your results visibility to "Admins Only" Classmates can not see survey results at all.

Show/Hide Members who have responded to survey (4)

Click names below to see individual Classmate responses:

VIEW EDIT DELETE Beverage (Marquez), Cherry
VIEW EDIT DELETE Long (Callison), Glendy

Thursday, October 3, 2013 at 11:37 PM - Response #62

Derrell, got it. Thanks.

Gary no you can't remove the Facebook ad panel. Long story but the app pages are slipping under that ad panel only on the iPad due to the viewport meta tag not being honored in an iframe scenario due to browser security issues. If that doesn't make sense no worries. We're aware of it and we'll have to adjust the app a bit for a little different display on the iPad. You won't find this same problem on a regular computer.

Friday, October 4, 2013 at 1:50 AM - Response #63

Thanks Brad. Your answer makes perfect sense. Appreciate you telling me very much. (I have a pretty good computer background too besides other things. So understanding such matters is no problem.) Thank you, again.

Edited 10/04/13 1:56 AM
Monday, October 7, 2013 at 9:16 PM - Response #64

In addition to not seeing a tab for announcements the Message Center is also absent.

Monday, October 7, 2013 at 9:52 PM - Response #65

Click email icon in upper right. That's Message Center. That icon lights up with a red circle and number when emails are received, as well as a Facebook notice going to the globe icon. People will have no trouble seeing/finding it.

Monday, October 7, 2013 at 10:01 PM - Response #66

Got it. Thanks

Monday, October 14, 2013 at 12:42 PM - Response #67

Presuming we are still in 'beta, with the live database' should we be able to 'Add Photo' on the 'Post Message' page?

I don't see it when in the Class Connection app., but it IS on my 'regular' FB page.

Thanks!

Edited 10/14/13 12:45 PM
Monday, October 14, 2013 at 6:39 PM - Response #68

We're actually in the middle of rewriting this for several reasons. Unfortunately we had to stop working on Facebook app for a moment while we rallied all troops to get our system moved over to new servers and software. Now that that's behind us we're back to the app. This feature should be functional shortly.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 9:37 PM - Response #69
capture_001_23102013_183334.jpg

I don't see the admin tools where they once were and can't locate them. Is this just a transitory condition or have they been moved?

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 10:33 PM - Response #70

Check again. Long story, but Programmer removed Admin tools from any "free" sites from the past. All of those sites need Admin tools of course, and it's now back on all of them. If you're not seeing Admin tools still click refresh on your browser.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 11:23 PM - Response #71

Yup.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 11:44 PM - Response #72

Attempted to upload a photo again just now - the 'progress bar' only went a short distance and stopped [and did not upload].

Also, when we go to Class Connection, should our school colors be in the app.?

I was told it should, but it shows blue, and our sites predominant color is red.

NOT pressuring - just curious - I know these things take time.

Very HappyLaughingRolling Eyes

Thursday, October 24, 2013 at 2:20 AM - Response #73

Upload is undergoing some tweaks as we speak.

App will launch with blue. Phase II can include some customization. One of the goals is a common interface, thus what you see in there. You can visit other classes and things in here that Class Creator itself does not currently offer. Thus a common interface is critical. That doesn't mean we can have a little more fun with it in Phase II though. Phase I is somewhat of a nuts and bolts launch.

Saturday, November 2, 2013 at 12:13 AM - Response #74

Brad, RE: response #70
I see no Admin Tools in my Class Connection view.
Further, the left side of the 'page' shows only five of the seven.
No Member Functions.
What do I need to do?

Saturday, November 2, 2013 at 12:56 AM - Response #75

At the very bottom of the "Where We Live" list there are the deceased. It does not link properly to the In Memory page. Rather I get an Oops...Page Not Found with the message, "Sorry F C ... but it appears that this page is not currently configured on this app. Perhaps the page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

If you reached this page by following a link displayed on this app, please contact site administrator."

The link works fine on Class Creator.

Saturday, November 2, 2013 at 1:02 PM - Response #76

Got it. Thank you.

Monday, November 25, 2013 at 11:11 AM - Response #77

Guest yearbook photos are not displaying. Classmates are.

Monday, November 25, 2013 at 10:34 PM - Response #78

One of my announcements [most recent one {11-22-13]] is not appearing.
I am presuming things are still being tweaked, and thus things are in a 'holding pattern?'

Monday, November 25, 2013 at 10:46 PM - Response #79

Due to some profile updates we're working on we've sometimes pointed the app back to a test database. Should be pointing back to live shortly.

Monday, November 25, 2013 at 10:48 PM - Response #80

STEVE STEIN wrote:

One of my announcements [most recent one {11-22-13]] is not appearing.
I am presuming things are still being tweaked, and thus things are in a 'holding pattern?'

It's definitely not the live data base. My homepage counts on Class Connection are from about 2 to 3 days ago.

Monday, November 25, 2013 at 10:48 PM - Response #81

By the way try clicking Edit Profile and then View Profile. Making some nice profile enhancements.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at 8:36 PM - Response #82

Hi Brad, i am wanting to gather a few more details in regards to linking our CC site with FB.

Could you possibly explain to me what the direction is with CC and FB?

What do we need to do on our ADMIN side?

Is this still only open to those beta testers?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at 11:42 PM - Response #83

Hold that thought just a sec. We're still finalizing a few things on the app and as bad timing would have it we're going to finish right at Christmas. Don't really want to launch the app at that exact time given the holiday not to mention half our staff is traveling. So I think we'll hold it just a few more days and launch it in the first part of January. I started a Class Connection forum where we're going to be posting some training videos in a few days. Those will also be sent via email to all Class Administrators. So stay tuned, you'll have lots of information about this shortly.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.