ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Email to our class from unknown person

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/14/11 08:57 AM Views: 1142 Replies: 2
Tuesday, June 14, 2011 at 8:57 AM

An email went out to our class yesterday, and looks like it came from a class member. But the sender is NOT in our class. The email is an attempt to sell a year book but the name is the wrong school and it seems like there must be another group "BHS" from "1978" that got mixed up with us. Can you take a look into this? I'll cut and paste the email here too.

Thanks!

Date: June 13, 2011 4:00:11 PM CDT
To: bob.lundeen@comcast.net
Subject: 1978 Nikean
Reply-To: noreply@classcreator.net

Bloomington High School
Class Of 1978

Email:    c14smith@gmail.com

Hi,
If any of the class of 1978 is in need of a Nikean yearbook for that year, I have one for sale for $22. It's in excellent condition. If interested, anyone can email me at c14smith@gmail.com. I am not a dealer, used to teach at North.

Sender's IP Address: 69.136.0.2

View the geographic location of this IP Address

Click here to report this as spam

This message has been sent to you from c14smith@gmail.com. You can not reply directly. Click here if you wish to start a new email to c14smith@gmail.com.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 at 10:13 AM - Response #1

It wasn't sent to the entire class, only by using the CONTACT US form. you can tell by the "Sender's IP Address". This is only found on the Contact Us form.

Sender's IP Address: 69.136.0.2

The SENDER says he was a teacher at your high school, so he wouldn't be a classmate.

If you still have the e-mail, just reply, but change the SEND TO to be "c14smith@gmail.com" and tell them that they posted to the wrong class. you are "Bloomington High School" and so you aren't interested in a "North" yearbook.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 at 10:50 AM - Response #2

Thanks! Really appreciate the update.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.