ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Upgrading to Platinum

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/09/16 02:16 PM Views: 721 Replies: 3
Saturday, January 9, 2016 at 2:16 PM

Looking at the Subscriptions page I am confused at the price structure.
Based on my current subscription it says to upgrade to Platinum for one year would be $244.87, but to upgrade for three years it would be $159.74.
Our site subscription is paid up through 2018 and I would like to know the additional amount needed to upgrade for just one year to see if the additional features would even be used by the membership.

Saturday, January 9, 2016 at 2:41 PM - Response #1

There is no "upgrade one year only". The entire subscription needs to be modified to Platinum. There is no way to have some days in the subscription be Premium while other days be Platinum. It is all or nothing.

The formula is to figure out how much you paid for your current subscription (price paid AND number of days in the subscription you purchased) and figure out a price per day of your current subscription. Then use the "price per day" and multiply it by the number of days you have left in your subscription. This tells us the amount of the discount your website deserves because of the value of the number of days you have remaining on your subscription. Your discount amount is $289.26

It does seem like there is an error in the calculations because the upgrade price is more than the regular price for a one-year subscription. This probably happened because you purchased multi-year subscriptions in consecutive years to extend your Premium subscription through 2018.

I will have a programmer look at it. I think the THREE YEAR, FIVE YEAR and TEN YEAR rate have the right discount. Each subscription is discounted $289.26. It is probably a negative number problem (the one-year price is $179 and your discount is $289.26, so we would have to pay you to upgrade to Platinum, which is not going to happen).

Saturday, January 9, 2016 at 6:45 PM - Response #2

Ok Kyle,
If it is all or nothing, and you have figured my discount to be 289.26, and since I have a couple of days under three years left on my current subscription, is the amount I would have to pay the 159.74 that shows up in my Subscriptions page for a 3 year upgrade?
That's the normal 3 year price of Platinum minus the discount you say I have currently.

Saturday, January 9, 2016 at 10:57 PM - Response #3

I would say yes because it is the same amount discounted from each of the subscription prices (3, 5, and 10).

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.