ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

email the class being sent to classmates "alternate" email address

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/27/16 12:52 PM Views: 843 Replies: 5
Tuesday, December 27, 2016 at 12:52 PM

Recently a classmate asked me to stop including a "email the class" to an "alternate" email address he had in his profile. I have deleted his alternate email address to immediately resolve the issue.
My question is: when I (as administrator) "email the class" does that email get sent to the primary as well as the alternate email address that a classmate may have in their profile?
This has evidently happened in this case. I'm assuming there must be a setting this classmate has chosen for this to have occurred? Yes?? Rolling Eyes
Thanks, John

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 at 1:23 PM - Response #1

When a classmate has entered an 'alternate' email address, any email sent to that classmate will be sent to both his primary and alternate addresses. That includes an Email To The Class, or any notify email that he's chosen to receive.

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 at 2:53 PM - Response #2

Many thanks, John.
I suspected as much. I initially thought the alternate email would only be used if the primary was not deliverable.
Too much programming involved for that to happen, eh? Cool

I should probably send a "heads-up" email to the class in case there are others that find it bothersome & are not alerting me.
Thanks again, JohnL

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 at 10:49 PM - Response #3

If you decide to delete the alternate emails, I'd cut and paste the alternate emails in the Admin Notes section at the bottom of each classsmate's profile, just in case you need an alternate way to contact them if their primary email fails.

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 at 9:25 AM - Response #4

Great idea, Scott.!!! Many thanks.

Happy New Year.

Thursday, December 29, 2016 at 12:08 PM - Response #5

Scott Moore wrote:

If you decide to delete the alternate emails, I'd cut and paste the alternate emails in the Admin Notes section at the bottom of each classsmate's profile, just in case you need an alternate way to contact them if their primary email fails.

Absolutely agree, Scott! Very Happy

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.