ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

My Own Email Bounced

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/08/16 10:03 AM Views: 1707 Replies: 15
Monday, February 8, 2016 at 10:03 AM

I've never missed an email sent from our site on either my PC or phone, but the last time I sent everyone an email from our site,,,,,,,my email showed up as "bounced" along with several others. I know why most email usually bounce, but my own?
Just a thought: As I get email on my PC and cell phone and received this particular message on my phone. Knowing the content that I had just sent, I deleted it from my phone.
Could that have caused my email to show up "bounced"?

Edited 02/08/16 10:05 AM
Monday, February 8, 2016 at 10:28 AM - Response #1

I have cleared one email address. Please state here which email needs to be cleared if I did not clear the correct one.

Monday, February 8, 2016 at 11:11 AM - Response #2

The gwxx17@hotmail.com is mine.
I would have to send an individual email to the other 20 to verify if they are valid or not. I'll work on those.

Do we know what may have caused this so it can be prevented in the future?

Thank for you help Scott.

Edited 02/08/16 11:11 AM
Monday, February 8, 2016 at 2:30 PM - Response #3

bounces occur from time to time. Many are soft bounces, but our system does not differentiate. Nothing you can do to prevent. There may have been a temporary issue on the hotmail end.

Friday, March 4, 2016 at 3:20 PM - Response #4

My email and a few other good email addresses recently started to bounce. Does not show up in my Junk or my Spam system. Can you help?

Friday, March 4, 2016 at 3:25 PM - Response #5

second part is: how to a reset a good email address?

Friday, March 4, 2016 at 3:33 PM - Response #6

Hi Marshall,

I'll email you some details regarding your site configuration as it is specific to your site and domain set up.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Friday, March 4, 2016 at 4:00 PM - Response #7

Got your mail? Working on my settings at Network Solutions. Does that affect other people's emails also? Other people getting bounced emails also.

Friday, March 4, 2016 at 4:25 PM - Response #8

yes it was causing other bounces on your site. I cleared them. Please respond to the email with details as your setup is pretty specific.

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 at 1:30 PM - Response #9

I'm pretty sure that I changed the settings at Network Solutions but it still doesn't work. Do you have more detailed descriptions on how to change MX records? Does this look correct? See attached.

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 at 2:02 PM - Response #10

Marshall, I do not see anything attached.

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 at 3:05 PM - Response #11
network soutions mx settings for class creator site.jpg

attached again

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 at 4:38 PM - Response #12

Hi Marshall,

The settings have been entered into the wrong area. The screen shot shows the mail server MX settings. You'll need to remove the two items listed there and add them to the Name Servers section of the domain. Network Solutions will do this for you if you are not sure where to enter them. You'll have to make sure it is removed from the Mail server / MX area and add it to the Name Servers area for it to work.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, March 14, 2016 at 1:17 PM - Response #13

The following has been fixed. I still have an issue with my email being bounced when sending emails from the web site. Can you check my settings and tell me if it is set up correctly to use the Platinum email?

From: PlatinumSupport@classcreator.com [mailtoRazzlatinumSupport@classcreator.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2016 5:42 PM
To: Marshall Stevens
Subject: Class Creator Platinum Email -- ACTION REQUIRED

Hello Marshall,
We are setting up your Platinum Email Account for kappasigmaufalumni.com, however, according to records, you have your web address registered with a company other than ClassNames.net For our email system to work, you need to repoint your dns records. This can often be done by logging in to your account at your registrar.
It needs to be changed to:
NS1.800HOSTING.COM
NS2.800HOSTING.COM

This is the more technical side of the internet. If you have any questions whatsoever, please do not hesitate to contact us. Please let us know when you have repointed your DNS.
Sincerely
Platinum Support
734-585-5605

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 at 1:29 PM - Response #14

I will have Jessica take a look.

Friday, March 18, 2016 at 6:15 PM - Response #15

Hi Marshall,

The system didn't immediately recognize the update to the DNS so it must have still been updating. It has fully updated now and I sent a test email that came through right away to verify everything was working.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.