ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Have you met with more than one member on Zoom or Meet?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/17/22 05:58 PM Views: 287 Replies: 6
Sunday, July 17, 2022 at 5:58 PM

Hi Admins,

Let's hear from classes or other sites that have met with members on Zoom, Google Meet, or another virtual chat option.

This topic came up today in a tapconnects.com Meet that we may suggest classes use one of the options available. However, my guess is some of you have and your input will help all of us. Let's hear from you! Smile

Exclamation PLEASE NOTEExclamation We may need to break this down if it becomes a long thread. If so, we will add an announcement graphic in the thread with information.

Ready? Set? Share!

Sunday, July 17, 2022 at 8:21 PM - Response #1

We did a Zoom party just to see what the reaction would be. Plenty of participants showed up but even with some pretty good prizes it was still a dud. We later tried the same thing using a program called Rumbletalk. That event did not have live video but was an enhanced group chat function. It went over MUCH better than the Zoom caper. We used three Moderators to keep the chat moving and to keep the group awake.
We are going to do the Rumbletalk thing again in October.

Sunday, July 17, 2022 at 8:59 PM - Response #2

Thanks, Phil. I appreciate your input and comparison.

Sunday, July 17, 2022 at 9:29 PM - Response #3

Phil,

Would you give some detail on the amount of time you scheduled for each, did you assign tasks to the moderators, and an overview of the topics?

For all: Rumbletalk is a chat feature where members chat via the written word. We had a similar chat prior to the demise of flash.

Edited 07/17/22 9:34 PM
Monday, July 18, 2022 at 1:47 AM - Response #4

Gwen.
Click the link below for the answers to your questions.
Your text to link here...

Monday, July 18, 2022 at 1:49 AM - Response #5

Thanks, Phil. I have visited and read the page. I was asking about your experience using the chat.

Monday, July 18, 2022 at 1:53 AM - Response #6

Not sure I understand the question.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.