ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

ClassCreator as Family Website?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/12/10 11:05 AM Views: 1276 Replies: 1
Wednesday, May 12, 2010 at 11:05 AM

I am considering going ahead and using ClassCreator as another website for my Family, pending your providing Family Website product.

I have a question concerning that. I have web accessible surveillance cameras at my home, as well as web accessible Solar Monitoring. Is it possible to password protect links to those cameras and solar production on the website? That would be nice, in one central place for me when traveling.

I'm thinking it probably is possible, since you can link websites into personal Profile.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 at 12:33 PM - Response #1

FYI what we'll be doing starting in July is creating one new site creation wizard only. It will be generic but it will cover anything anybody would need to do on all upcoming Creators. So once it's done we'll launch several new Creators at once, Family Creator, Church Creator, Military Creator etc. Each system will have unique designs. Each system will have separate Help Forums like these. After launch each system will be able to grow independently from the other systems. For instance Church sites will ask for church related things, Family sites will ask for family related things, etc. Over time we'll develop very specific niche tools for each one of the Creators.

Regarding your cam question, you can likely password those cams already using the software you have. If you can't though, just put the links to them on a password protected page of your family site. The link itself won't be password protected if your own software can't do it, but nobody would be able to access the page that accesses the link if you password protect the page of your family site. Same result.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.