ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Attach File in Admin Help Forum

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/29/13 09:20 PM Views: 807 Replies: 11
Sunday, December 29, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Would someone please explain to me how to attach a file when emailing an admin via this forum? It looks so simple . . . Attach File: Browse and find the file. But, I'm not doing something right because the recipient cannot open the word document (and neither can I when I go the message and try to open it). Confused Thanks!

Monday, December 30, 2013 at 11:08 PM - Response #1

Rhonda, I sent you a private test message. Please check it. Thanks! Smile I did not attach a word document so I will send another.

Monday, December 30, 2013 at 11:14 PM - Response #2

Hi Gwen - I got the message in my inbox, but clicking on the link says the folder is empty. I copied and pasted the URL at the bottom (that was in the email) and it downloaded a pdf of an Admin Chat from Dec. 18. ???????? Confused

Monday, December 30, 2013 at 11:20 PM - Response #3

The link was a log from a chat but it was in PDF. You wanted to send and have it open a Word document. I sent one but it is garbled when I looked at it.

Monday, December 30, 2013 at 11:29 PM - Response #4

Rhonda, the 3rd test with the Word doc I prepared as a test for you, is garbled on my end. How does it appear to you?

Monday, December 30, 2013 at 11:51 PM - Response #5

I can't open it and I'm unable to reply to you when I attach something. So, I'll try to reply without an attachment. Keeps saying an error has occurred - error.cfm ????

Monday, December 30, 2013 at 11:57 PM - Response #6

ok, so I tried saving the test document in Dropbox and copy and pasted the link here

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104701390/TEST.docx

This worked. I was able to open it.

Edited 12/30/13 11:59 PM
Monday, December 30, 2013 at 11:57 PM - Response #7

Unfortunately I have no idea. These forums are actually based off public domain code from 7 years ago when we were just getting started. If the forums cannot preserve the integrity of a modern Word doc, well, I guess we're out of luck. Recommend sending through regular email channels. At some point we really need to update to new forum code. These forums have served us well for years but are antiquated.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 at 12:16 AM - Response #8

Rhonda,

Here is a suggestion... if you have a PDF program, make the Word doc a PDF. If not, go to cutepdf.com and download their free program. After downloading/installing, to make a doc or other item a PDF, just go to Print and choose CutePDF Writer as the printer. It will open for you to choose where you want to save it. It is free and easy!

If you need to send the item as a doc, then as Brad suggested... email to email.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 at 12:57 PM - Response #9
Test.pdf

Gwen - I use Cutepdf quite often so am trying your suggestion.

- I'm pasting the pdf (not from Dropbox but from my desktop) in the Attach File space (the area below this message box)to see if you are able to open it.

(Saving the document in a public space (Dropbox) and then pasting the link in the body of a reply message works - it doesn't work pasting it in the Attach File space.)

Thanks for your help! Let me know if you're able/not able to open the pdf when sent as an attachment.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 at 12:58 PM - Response #10

yes, seems to work as attachment when a pdf Very Happy

Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 2:35 PM - Response #11

That is great news, Rhonda. So now we have an understanding that when we wish to share a Word doc, it did not work from MS Word 10 but a pdf of it did. YAY! Thanks for the update!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.