ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Mobile display being blocked

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/05/15 06:22 PM Views: 1249 Replies: 14
Saturday, December 5, 2015 at 6:22 PM

When using Safari on my iPhone the border is blocking half of the page in the In Memory classmates. I am using the Responsive Design... Actually, the solid green eats up half the screen on every page...!

Edited 12/06/15 6:18 AM
Saturday, December 5, 2015 at 11:03 PM - Response #1

I'm guessing that this is normal behavior since a mobile screen is a lot more sensitive to both zoom and what's on a page. Check to see if maybe you are seeing either of these two things:

1. The candle image won't scale down far enough so it always "sticks" out if the zoom is too low. Of course this makes the green stick out the side.

2. I think you are zoomed out, so just zoom in and the 'green' will go away.

This can be a side effect of rotating the screen from landscape to portrait. There usually have to be "pinch" adjustments to get things arranged correctly.

This is pretty common for -fixed- elements that can't be resized "responsively".

The other thing is user browsers need to be more or less current. (Not here, just commenting.)

It would help others to let us know if one of those was the case.

(Not sure why your backups do not work since it works for me and FC.)

Sunday, December 6, 2015 at 6:21 AM - Response #2

I checked to see if it was the zoom and that didn't make a difference. My browser "Safari" on my mobile is up to date. This look fine on Internet Explorer, but the iPhone you can even read the obit. Go to: http://www.enloe1966.com/class_profile.cfm?member_id=7297360 for an example.

Sunday, December 6, 2015 at 2:11 PM - Response #3

Don't have iPhone but works in iPad

Go to http://whatsmyuseragent.com/ to check your version

My Safari is 601.1 with webkit 601.1.46

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 at 7:33 AM - Response #4

Hey Jack, That is interesting... When I go to whatsmyuseragent.com, I have the right version of Safari, but I can only see half of the screen. I don't see the webkit version, it's probably were the half screen is missing. I looked into settings for Safari and I don't see any obvious settings problems. I checked it on my iPad and it looks fine. Must be something messed up on my phone.

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 at 11:51 AM - Response #5

Did you try power if off and on (not just reboot)?

My Android phone has to be powered on/off every so often when I use Chrome. Depends on the site.

Just another idea.

Friday, December 11, 2015 at 3:23 PM - Response #6
IMG_1724.PNG

I repowered the iphone and I still have the problem. I have a snap shot of my home page attached...

Friday, December 18, 2015 at 1:38 PM - Response #7

Hi Johnny,

Can you check this again on your phone after a reset to see if its working for you now?

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Friday, December 18, 2015 at 2:16 PM - Response #8

I just did a hard reset on my iPhone and I still have half the screen is solid green. I am using updated Safari and IOS 9.2...

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 at 2:07 PM - Response #9

I tested on my Android and did not have this issue. There is a colleague in the office that does have an iPhone and I will test on her device the next time I see her.

Monday, December 28, 2015 at 8:56 AM - Response #10

Thanks... I look forward to seeing if you see the same thing?

Thursday, December 31, 2015 at 10:52 AM - Response #11

I just downloaded Chrome on my iPhone and it is doing the same thing...

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 at 11:29 PM - Response #12
image.png

I have the same problem on my In Memory page (responsive design). You can't even read the obituary. I have attached a picture. I think I have been patient enough in waiting for a fix. Hey Brad, can I get some priority on this problem? This is not an enhancement but a major bug for the iPhone & it's a month old waiting for a fix. Not the normal service I have been use to with you guys.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 at 1:03 AM - Response #13

Actually the same issue for Android now (if it wasn't before). I didn't check earlier. Home page looks just like your shot and in-memory almost the same.

useragent Android 4.4.2 webkit 537.36
Chrome 44.0.2403.133 ( a bit older than PC)

The "green" overlap shows the text underneath though - looks like it's 'solid' on your pic.

Results vary depending on 'content', but most are a bit 'off'.

The other issue is that the left menu is not displayed correctly on an iPad either. The overlay is too wide and spills over incorrectly. Didn't pay attention before. Wink

Friday, February 12, 2016 at 12:55 PM - Response #14

I am now having the same display problems in the "Member Wizard" new classmates try to sign up on their iPhone. It is unreadable Go to: http://www.enloe1966.com/member_wizard01.cfm?member_id=7297318 .

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.