ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Help with adding a countdown timer, etc.

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/05/09 06:56 PM Views: 1524 Replies: 2
Saturday, September 5, 2009 at 6:56 PM

Well I read the instructions on how to add in third party things like a countdown clock. I don't know what a source editor is and have no idea how to do this. Can someone please help?

Saturday, September 5, 2009 at 9:47 PM - Response #1

Hi Todd,

Since you have content on your pages, I assume you know how to find the editor :O). On the editor tools (across the top), the first little tool on the far left top corner is the source button. It's a little white square and has the word "source" just after it.
Click on the little white box to toggle between Source and regular edit view. You need to be in Source View when you want to paste in any third party plug-ins like a countdown clock.

If you already have content on your page, you are going to see a lot of characters that look strange to you. Here is how I would suggest locating in Source View where to paste your countdown clock "code". In regular view, Put a couple of XXs or something that you can then look for when you are in Source View. Then click on Source and locate your XXs (or whatever), and paste your code there (and delete the XXs).

After pasting your code, click the Source button again to return to regular view. You will not see your countdown clock yet, it will just be an outline (like a white box with black border). It might or might not have a symbol of some kind inside the box. Make sure the plug-in is where you want it, then Save the page.

Now when you view your saved page, you will hopefully see your countdown clock or whatever plug-in you have placed on your page.

I hope this helps.

Edited 09/05/09 9:53 PM
Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 10:06 PM - Response #2

Has anyone else had 'problems' with their countdown timer not adjusting to getting off of Daylight Savings Time?
I presume I am expecting too much for the timer to automatically adjust, now aren't I? LOL
Geuss with each time we get on or off DST, we need to re-install the code.

Thanks in advance.
Steve

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.