ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Activating and Announcement

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/19/13 12:54 AM Views: 998 Replies: 9
Wednesday, June 19, 2013 at 12:54 AM

After preparing an announcement, I noticed a new option under the editor window, "ANNOUNCEMENT IS ACTIVE". Can you give us an explanation as to what this does? I learned it does not make an announcement active. Thanks!

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 at 12:16 PM - Response #1

Basically, if you check the box for Announcement is active, when you save, the announcement will be in the active state on the homepage. Otherwise, the announcement will save in the inactive state until you activate it in the Edit Announcements area.

Saturday, June 22, 2013 at 1:31 AM - Response #2

Thank you!

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 11:23 PM - Response #3

I created an announcement, saved and then made it active. Two hours later, I still have not received the announcement via email. Now, when I go to the announcement, I see the option to check the box to notify classmates it has been "updated."

I thought the announcements went out immediately. It seems I have to save it first and then go back to the edit announcement where I have the option box to check and notify classmates it's been updated (which it hasn't). I just don't want the announcement going out twice. ???

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at 12:58 PM - Response #4

There may have been an email issue with the system that evening. I have read of a few reports of email delays on e 21st and 22nd.

Monday, September 23, 2013 at 12:03 PM - Response #5

Why not make all active announcements automatically change with dates?

Monday, September 23, 2013 at 1:13 PM - Response #6

Keith,

What do you mean "change with dates"? Announcements can have a START DATE and an END DATE.

Monday, September 23, 2013 at 7:20 PM - Response #7

Kyle Erickson wrote:

Keith,

What do you mean "change with dates"? Announcements can have a START DATE and an END DATE.

If you have multiple announcements starting & ending consecutively.

For example: 1st ones END DATE is 25th of month, 2nd one would automatically START on 26th of month and run until END DATE then 3rd one would START and so on.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 12:54 AM - Response #8

I have used the Start and End for announcements to do what you want for specific announcements in TAP, Keith. Are you suggesting this as a way to change your home page - keeping it fresh? While I understand that might be nice, I'm good with my calendar and using the Start & End.

I'm not against your suggestion; just not sure how many admins would be inclined to use the option.

Edited 10/06/13 12:26 PM
Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 1:49 PM - Response #9

Many admins prepare announcements in advance or recycle them by month or annually and use the start date and expiration date to manage them.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.