ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Cancellation and credit card fees

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/08/21 05:04 PM Views: 3576 Replies: 4
Sunday, August 8, 2021 at 5:04 PM

There is a possibility that we may have to cancel our reunion due to Covid. When we issue refunds, will we still be responsible for the credit card processing fee? I know the classmate receives all their money back but what of the cc fee to the processing company. Of course, we are trying to figure out all our expenses in case of a cancellation. It is not pretty. Also, I made the mistake of transferring most of our registration fees into our checking account so may have to do a lot of refunds by check.

Sunday, August 8, 2021 at 5:25 PM - Response #1

Hi Cindy,

If you have to cancel you can write a check back to Class Creator for any amount withdrawn so we can add it back to the available funds and then you can process all of the refunds back to the cards to avoid any fees. The fees are only related to the charges so when they are refunded back to the card the fee is removed as well. If this becomes necessary please let the classmates know full refunds will be processed and that they don't need to do anything further. Some other classes had issues where it was not made clear and classmates disputed charges when the event was cancelled. There are fees associated with disputed charges/charge backs so it is important to be clear with them if the event is cancelled.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Sunday, August 8, 2021 at 7:14 PM - Response #2

Thank you so much for your reply. Of course, we are hoping not to cancel but are trying to get our ducks in a row in case that is necessary. Again thanks for your quick response.

Tuesday, August 10, 2021 at 10:28 AM - Response #3

We are going to have to cancel our event. To where do I send a check to have it replaced into our account? And do I make it out to Class Creator? Thank you.

Tuesday, August 10, 2021 at 12:18 PM - Response #4

Payable to:

Class Creator
2500 Packard Street
Suite 204
Ann Arbor, MI 48104

Include your site name/refund in the memo field or separate note with the check.

Jessica

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.