ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Adding PayPal Button and linking to my PayPal account for Payment

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/01/11 04:24 PM Views: 1703 Replies: 11
Saturday, October 1, 2011 at 4:24 PM

I have read hundreds of these threads regarding adding Paypal buttons, and adding to source codes and clicking on source...but nothing has been able to help me yet.

I want to accept Everything. Credit Cards via CC, Checks, AND have the option for them to pay thru PayPal. I would like them to be able to link to the class PayPal account to make the PayPal payment, then I will manually add them on the site as paid via PayPal.

My problem is, I have absolutely no clue how or where to add this link to PayPal, or where to place this code to show the button. Nor where the "Source" button is to add the code for the link. I have the "code" to add the button I have created in PayPal, and I also have a URL link to the account that they will go to to make this Paypal payment.

I have hit View Source many times, gotten into the source code, and tried in vein to paste the button code in, but it doesnt let me paste anything in. I can only copy from the code.

What exactly do I have to do to get this done??
Step by step instructions would be great.
PLEASE HELP!!

Edited 10/01/11 4:27 PM
Saturday, October 1, 2011 at 4:38 PM - Response #1

Also, Many (most) of these threads I am finding are from way back in 2008, 09, & 10 when a Paypal button WAS an option and easy to add. Now that this new version does NOT include that PayPal button option to just click on, It is very confusing. Many of those old threads should be deleted...

Saturday, October 1, 2011 at 4:41 PM - Response #2

If you are talking about paying for a Reunion, CC has to add that option manually by asking for it. Then you will have a new option (radio button) in the planner that says PayPal.

Yes, it should be more obvious. Probably should be a sticky since it comes up all the time.

You can also manually add a PayPal button where you track it completely. I have a "Donate" button on my site that does just that - opens a popup. Could also be for anything if I wanted to.

AWESOME panther. I made a clay one like that once - the kind you pour in a mold, about 1 ft long.
P.S. I just saw your 2nd post. The reason it was removed is that CC added their own CC payment processor as a way to make money. Since they make no money from PayPal, they removed that as an option, but will add it for you manually.

Edited 10/01/11 4:44 PM
Saturday, October 1, 2011 at 5:15 PM - Response #3

I appreciate your response.
Yes, this is for a reunion. And what I want to do is like what you did with the DONATE button, opens a POP-UP to my Paypal site.
My question is, HOW do I do that?? Smile

And I will actually be doing the same thing with a DONATE button as well, for donations to the reunion/ class fund.

Edited 10/01/11 5:19 PM
Saturday, October 1, 2011 at 7:28 PM - Response #4

View the page in source mode and you'll see that the first button calls a javascript called paypayDonate(). That creates the next window with the actual paypal button. The window is there to explain in detail what is going to happen.

Then click view source in that new window and you'll see how it works for Donating. For paying for a specific item it's slightly different. What you do is describe the item and assign an amount. It goes to paypal with that amount and description. Don't recall the exact code since I did that some time ago. I can dig it out of another of my sites if you are interested.

But if you are using the Reunion Planner, it's better to use that. Are you not using the Reunion Planner? It gives you extra features and reports, plus all the various forms of payment all in one place. Has a few auditing issues, but for simple stuff, works OK.

Sunday, October 2, 2011 at 12:19 AM - Response #5

Darla,

I added your PayPal option to your reunion planner.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 3:29 PM - Response #6

Thanks Kyle,
But apparently I'm no good at this web stuff. Looks like I accidently got rid of the PayPal somehow that you added instead of the one I wanted to delete from when I checked "Other".
Can you please add PayPal back in? Sorry about that. I'm learning as I go along Smile

Thanks!

Darla

Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 3:45 PM - Response #7

Hi Darla,

I added paypal back into the payment options for your reunion.

Click carefully! Smile

Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 6:18 PM - Response #8

Thank you Eric,
I WILL! Smile

Wednesday, October 5, 2011 at 4:27 AM - Response #9

Hi Kyle,
I don't feel so badly now. My graduating class was 1963 and I also, and still, am somewhat confused. I think I created a business PayPal account, linked it to our donate button, added a local checking account to it (my own) so I could move money across country (My co-administrator is in Georgia & I'm in Northern AZ.), & sent the Georgian a 2nd debit card. BUT, how do I add all this to the registration section so future attendees can pay via the site. I'm not in a hurry since we're still in the buying and calculation stage (reunion is in April 2013). Since the subject came up, is it too confusing to explain to me before I need it?Confused I didn't quite understand all that you told Darla.
Barbara
P.S. As you can see I upgraded to 'Platinum' membership just so our group can chat with webcam and speakers (to keep their interest)Idea

Edited 10/05/11 4:29 AM
Wednesday, October 5, 2011 at 8:04 AM - Response #10

Barbara,

I looked at your reunion planner and PayPal will be there, but first you need to have items for sale before you will see the PayPal option. At the bottom of the page, you will see that you have the "ITEMS ARE NOT being offered for sale. " option selected.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011 at 2:55 PM - Response #11

Thanks Kyle. I DO understand that. Does anyone have any thoughts about whether or not its better to sell 'reunion' items (i.e. tee shirts with logos, ec.)on the site first or at the reunion as silent auctions or50/50 cash pot? That kind of thing. Right now we're still at the hope and a prayer stage monetarily. But a few hundred dollars have come in, enought to buy maybe 2 items in quantity and try to sell it from the site. Is that how you do it or do you incorporate it in registration fees?
Barbara

Edited 10/05/11 2:56 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.