ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Pictures floating

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/18/09 05:20 PM Views: 1218 Replies: 1
Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 5:20 PM

I read somewhere how to keep photos from moving or floating on the page when you save it. I have used image properties to align left or right and have text beside them per your helpful instructions.

Pictures at the top section seem to stay put when I save the page but the ones lower down tend to move to the bottom of the page if I try to put them closer together.

I want to have the page "tight" with less space between them, more like the top is.

http://www.sphsaa-classmates.org/class_custom3.cfm

How can I keep them where I put them? I've tried editing the page through the source code but that's really hard to tell the spacing.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 5:37 PM - Response #1

Your best bet in situations like this is to actually use tables. It's a solution that usually doesn't jump out at people, but it really is the best way to take control of where your photos appear on your page.

For example, let's say I wanted to to put two photos side by side, and another two photos below those two photos side by side, formating a square of four photos. What I would do is this:

1) Insert a two column by two row table. Set the table border to zero. I now have 4 cells to work with.
2) Click in the upper left cell, press your center icon, and upload your photo.
3) Repeat for the upper right cell, the lower left cell, and the lower right cell.
4) If you want, select your entire table, and then press your center icon to center your grouping of photos on the page.

Using tables in this fashion is a gray way to organize photos, third party plugins, or any content for that matter.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.