ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Pictures in a Message Thread

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/13/12 11:23 AM Views: 1441 Replies: 10
Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Is is possible to embed a picture in a message thread post? If so, how do I do it?
We have been using the Message Thread as a way of communicating for two years and it has kept us together. It has added such pleasure to our lives!

Thanks!

Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 5:13 PM - Response #1

Hi Barbara,

Are you talking about the Message Forum? Or Classmates Forum? Either... the answer is YES. When you click on POST RESPONSE, an editor window opens. It is the same editing window you have to send email or edit a page. Insert a picture the same way.

Is this what you wanted to know?

Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 5:32 PM - Response #2

I just tried that (went to Message Center) and could not post a picture. Could you explain more?

Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 6:45 PM - Response #3

When you click the 'Post Message' icon, click the icon to the right of the Source icon.
You can then browse your files for the appropriate picture.

Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 7:28 PM - Response #4

Arlene, I don't believe classmates can post photos in the Message Center.

Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 7:38 PM - Response #5

"Arlene, I don't believe classmates can post photos in the Message Center" Everyone that is signed in con post. Follow the directions given above.

We have many that post pictures all the time. Once they do it it so easy.

Edited 10/13/12 7:40 PM
Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 9:22 PM - Response #6

No, you can not add a photo in a message to another classmate via the Message Center. I do not know why, but there is not an option to do so.

If you are trying to send a message to one person, go to their profile page. At the bottom, you have the option to send a private message, which does not allow us to add photos... but UNDER that is an option that has a long button "BE THE FIRST TO LEAVE A COMMENT FOR (classmate name)". Click on that and you get the edit window we use for our pages.

OR use EMAIL the class to send one email to 1 or more classmates. However, you will not see a thread on this.

In your first message, you said "message thread" which led me to think forums.

Does this help?

Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 10:42 PM - Response #7

Hi

I should have been more specific in my question. I was asking about a gif image rather than a picture. I figured it out.

I found that if I just typed the HTML code into the message box that the site would convert it into the picture.

And yes, I was talking about a THREAD not a FORUM.

Thanks for giving us the ability to bring old friends together again!

Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 11:18 PM - Response #8

Barbara,
Good for you... you found a way to get it done that I had not thought of or would have thought would work. Photos and graphics may be a gif, jpeg, tif or other. To help you, I suggest you scroll up to the top of this page.. click on FAQs and scroll down to this:

QUESTIONS ABOUT BUILDING YOUR SITE
#7. How do I upload photos to my home page or other pages of my web site?

It gives you the steps to getting a picture/graphic on a page. It works the same for your pages, forum and email the class.

I'm still stumped. If you are not talking FORUM, what is a thread? Might that be under a classmate's profile? I'm curious as to where you are talking about and would like to try the step you took. Smile

Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 11:37 PM - Response #9

Hi Gwen

We use the Message Center (found under Member Functions) to create multi user messages. We call them threads because I create a new theme and new multi--user messages every month to avoid having to scroll down forever and ever to get to the bottom of the page. We have long continuous conversations this way. As an administrator I can produce the multi-user threads. I have eliminated classmates who do not wish to participate in these.

We have inserted hyperlinks by typing in the code in these message boxes. You can also alter the font by typing in the proper code. The site automatically converts it. It's pretty neat.

I couldn't get my image in because i used the wrong code.

Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 12:20 AM - Response #10

Thanks, Barbara. We are going to have to give this a try in TAP! I appreciate the info! Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.