ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Adding Classmates

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/21/11 05:24 PM Views: 1166 Replies: 1
Wednesday, September 21, 2011 at 5:24 PM

This may have been asked already(and I'm sure it has), but I'm new to this site, and come from a class of over 1100 students - that's just our class, not the whole school district!

Anyway, I know you have an Excel template, but it appears that I still have to individually enter each classmates name! Our school Alumni board keeps a master list on an Excel spreadsheet, and I wonder if there is a way to make this work? I just think it shouldn't be this hard or time consuming to set this up. Maybe I'm looking at this all wrong and making it harder than it is. Maybe there is a simple easy way to download the file already????

I appreciate any feed back I can get.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 at 5:37 PM - Response #1

If you have the master template from your school, just retrieve the DOWNLOAD TEMPLATE from Manage Classmates, Upload Classmates, Download Template. Then look at your master template spreadsheet.

Copy each of the columns from the master spreadsheet to the DOWNLOAD TEMPLATE (copy only the spreadsheet cells, not the whole column - because the DOWNLOAD TEMPLATE needs to have the headings at the top of the spreadsheet).

If you don't have the information in the master list, leave that column blank (maybe the master list doesn't have E-mail).

Make sure that all of the cell contents that you copy from the master list are in the correct format as the two example students in the DOWNLOAD TEMPLATE at the top.

Before you convert the Download Template to Comma Separated Values (CSV format), search the spreadsheet for commas. If there are any commas, delete them because that would mess up the comma-separated values format.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.