ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Signature box in message forum

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/28/09 11:55 PM Views: 1455 Replies: 12
Thursday, May 28, 2009 at 11:55 PM

Brad,
Why can't I use the same signature image in our threaded message forum that i use in this forum. I've posted it to photobucket and copied HTML code to sig box but all I get is the code itself. Never the signature image. HELP!!

Friday, May 29, 2009 at 12:20 AM - Response #1

I have no idea. So let's hope Rick knows. Rick?

Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 11:43 AM - Response #2

You have to use BBML code to put the image in the signature box, IE:

Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 12:31 PM - Response #3

I don't get it though. If this forum is using BBML, and the class forums sig box is also using bbml, then technically the same thing should work in both places. I'll have to have the authority take a look at this just as soon as we can free him up for a sec.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 12:44 PM - Response #4

Brad, yes, the same thing works in both places. I had to use BBML to put the signature in this forum (I don't know if it would be different if I didn't have the code turned on here), and I used BBML in the signature box on our class forums (even though our class forums are using the visual editor, the sig box is still using BBML). At least that's the way I have it figured Very Happy

I believe Kevin indicated that he is trying to use regular html image code, which doesn't work in the sig box.

Edited 06/02/09 12:48 PM
Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 1:10 PM - Response #5

Oh I see. Heck maybe we should hire you. Smile I made the assumption that he's using the same code in both forums, but he did indeed say html. I.E. I thought he was putting:

[I-M-G]http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo146/pigskinfanatic/Kevin_ANI_.gif[/I-M-G]

into both forums. Kevin if you put the same code in your class forums (remove the dashes between IMG, I put them in there so the code will display and not your image) it should work fine. We should really be allowing html code in the signature tag there too -- this is a leftover element from the original BBEditor before we offered the visual editor option.

Edited 06/02/09 1:12 PM
Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 1:29 PM - Response #6

Brad Switzer wrote:

Oh I see. Heck maybe we should hire you. Smile

LOL...where do I sign? Very Happy

Edited 06/02/09 1:31 PM
Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 1:32 PM - Response #7

Oops, tried to display the code with the "code" tag (as above), it displays a scroll bar with the long url, how weird. LOL.

P.S. We still can't delete a post on this forum.

Edited 06/02/09 1:43 PM
Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 3:07 PM - Response #8

Did you remove the hyphens?

You can edit but not delete a post, correct. Many people subscribe via email or RSS, and if they click to a post that's gone they get nothing. Thus we allow editing but not deleting so the email and RSS links will always work.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 3:31 PM - Response #9

The hyphens didn't have anything to do with it. This is what I was talking about:

I was just trying to display the whole code for Kevin, but as you can see, it's not too cool with the scroll bar.

Edited 06/02/09 3:41 PM
Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 3:38 PM - Response #10

Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 3:40 PM - Response #11

Worked for me. What's the