ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Moving Announcment higher on Home page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 06/30/10 02:47 PM Views: 1688 Replies: 15
Wednesday, June 30, 2010 at 2:47 PM

Hi Guys - hope someone can help me. I just posted an announcement but it shows up at the very bottom of my Home Page and I want it up higher so that it can be in a more visible spot. How do I move it? I tried a couple of things but I'm afraid to do too much and mess up the rest of the page.

HELP!

Thanks.
Brenda

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 at 2:56 PM - Response #1

Under Edit Site Pages > Home Page Edit > ... at the top of this page you will see a box that says CONTENT AREA with 2 items... Your Content and Announcements. Simply click the green "UP" arrow / or the red "DOWN" arrow to switch the order.

Scott

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 at 3:18 PM - Response #2

Thanks Scott - I knew it had to be there I just wasn't looking in the right place. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Brenda

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 at 3:30 PM - Response #3

Well, I tried moving the Announcements using the up and down arrows but that puts it either at the very top or the very bottom - really had a place about mid-page that I wanted it, is there a secret to getting it there or is it just top or bottom? I know, I'm a real pain and it sound simple but I'm missing something, just don't know what.

Thanks again.
Brenda

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 at 3:50 PM - Response #4

Nope,

Since you have it as an announcement, it needs to be kept with the announcements. The whole BLOCK of announcements travels together - either at the top of the page or at the bottom of the page.

Your other option is to copy the contents of your announcement and then edit your home page contents and place your "Announcement" exactly where you want it. Then disable that announcement inside of your Post Announcements page.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 at 3:56 PM - Response #5

Thanks, again! I'm gonna get this if it kills me! I knew there had to be a way, I just wasn't getting the right combination.

Have a great 4th!
Brenda

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 at 5:05 PM - Response #6

Adding on to the previous comment about 'disabling the announcements'--be aware that your classmates can post announcements, subject to your approval, and if you disable the announcements area, you will be losing a valuable feature.

Also, I like to use the announcement area to try new things--since they won't show up until the effective date, or the 'active' switch is set by me, I can work on things without my 'audience' seeing my dress rehearsals.

Just wanted you to consider all of the possible side effects, good luck,
Jim

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 at 9:51 PM - Response #7

Hi! I just went to post an announcement, when I did, it moved ALL the announcements to the bottom of the home page. I took it OFF the home page, but the announcements stayed at the bottom. Under edit site pages, my announcements ARE on the top.. HELP! Thanks, Cindy

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 at 10:03 PM - Response #8

Your slide show became too wide when you added the BULLET item to each announcement. I shrank the slide show to 380 pixels instead of 390 pixels

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 at 10:04 PM - Response #9

Well, I fixed it!! LOL.. I just made some of the announcements smaller in width, and it worked again!!!

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 at 10:52 PM - Response #10

That's because I was fixing it at the same time.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 6:39 AM - Response #11

OOH! And here I thought I was SO smart!!! Thanks Kyle! However, it seems to be doing it again this morning. Should I just shrink my other announcements?
Thanks again! Cindy

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 8:57 AM - Response #12

Something happened with THIS DAY IN HISTORY.

I tried to change the width to something that should fit, but it still didn't.

I disabled the THIS DAY IN HISTORY and it worked. So, since THIS DAY IN HISTORY is new each day, it should work again tomorrow unless the programmers investigate and make it work today.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 10:49 AM - Response #13

The video in their feed came in too large today. I've sent them a notice informing them of this. I deactivated their feed entirely until they've corrected it. If nothing else it will be back tomorrow.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 9:56 PM - Response #14

Thanks! It SEEMS to be working well?!!
Moving on... next subject! We will be having our next reunion in 4 years, seems long away, BUT ISNT! I want to keep the one up and start a NEW one for the next. I SEE you can have 2 reunions up at once, but I need some guidance and I am sure it has been asked. Can you guide me to what thread talks about this? Thanks again for all you do! I LOVE MY SITE!!! Cindy

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 10:36 PM - Response #15

Currently you can only have 1 active reunion at a time.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.