ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

New notification

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/05/15 11:31 AM Views: 899 Replies: 2
Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 11:31 AM

This morning I received for the first time a notice about a classmate's upcomimg birthday in one week. Is this a new feature and is this message going to all classmates?

Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 2:04 PM - Response #1

Bonnie,

You must have signed up for the NOTIFY ME feature. You can be notified of classmate birthdays and profile updates for the classmate, but in order to receive the emails, you need to choose to be notified. It is NOT going to all classmates unless all classmates have signed up for the feature using Notify Me.

Friday, August 19, 2016 at 2:09 PM - Response #2

Kyle,

I just got the same question from a classmate regarding advance notice of an Upcoming Birthday. They would like to get the advanced birthday notice, but don't want to subscribe to every classmate as they assume they will receive a notice for Every post to Every classmate.

My I suggest adding an option on the Notify Me page to "Notify me when ANY Classmate has an upcoming birthday" without subscribing?

Another option might be to add a check box to every classmate next to the subscribe box, for advance birthday notice, that way we could select subscribe and/or birthday notice.

It would also be nice if we could select the number of days advance notice we want on a classmate by classmate basis. For most folks, it might be a day or two ahead, but for close friends, enough additional time to physically mail a card or gift.

Just a thought.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.