ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Elementary school class pictures

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/29/12 04:58 PM Views: 1431 Replies: 7
Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 4:58 PM

I admit it.... I am torn between two ways of posting elementary school class pictures. Wait, make that three ways, I just came up with another.

1) I have posted the pictures submitted in the Gallery. For a short time, I have removed the password protection for you to take a look. GO HERE. Smile
* PLEASE NOTE the text for each has names or blanks to be filled in.
** Ahhh, but our classmates can't fill-in the blanks in the Gallery. Bah!

2) As noted on other sites, I could move the photos into our class forum where classmates could comment. (As they do when these are posted on that other site... FB.)

3) My last minute thought would be to add the same photos to the class forum and leave them in the gallery. Eventually, I would hope to fill in the missing names in the gallery with help from posts in the forum. I could place a link on the school pictures main page. This may be overload.

So what do you think?

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 5:01 PM - Response #1

You could periodically post an announcement containing one of the pictures and attach a survey so people can reply with the names of the people in the picture...

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 5:02 PM - Response #2

Okay, so that is not the reason I came here! Geeze, Gwen!

Looking at the pictures in the gallery, they are a bit small. I would like to enlarge them. Each time I try to do so in the editor... nothing happens. I ran a test in the Edgebrook pictures using the first photo... copying it at the end of the pictures showing. I left it at 121%. It certainly does not appear different than the first one.

I have two questions:
1) What am I doing wrong?
2) Does adding the text determine the size, therefore keeping me from enlarging the picture?

Hope that is clear.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 5:05 PM - Response #3

A man with another idea... thanks, Eric! Post it on the home page with a survey... might work. But then I may as well post the photo with it. That would work.

(Edit: Removed last comment and moved it to a new thread.)

Edited 08/29/12 5:06 PM
Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 5:07 PM - Response #4

The photo editor does not enlarge images. The slider at the upper right only affects the display size in the editor itself.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 6:18 PM - Response #5

I set up a separate page for our class yearbooks (flipping yearbooks) and just recently have added the grammer school photos with all the names I had. Then I emailed the class to let me know of additions and corrections.

Then I linked the photos to a PDF copy so the classmates can enlarge them as they wish

I temporarily removed the password requirement so you can take a look and let me know what you think. The page is called; YEARBOOKS AND MORE.Cool

Edited 08/29/12 6:25 PM
Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 6:37 PM - Response #6

You can check out my First Grade Photos. I have removed the password. I have used lots of JavaScript to make it fancy.

http://www.classcreator.com/spanish-fork...allery_link_id=12949

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 8:02 PM - Response #7

Good for you. I believe that so far I have had more copies of greenivelle64 (Mississippi) elementary photos but because the rarity of other class is leaving gaps I wish all my class would search and share. I know you are trying. I somehow was able to remember many of my fellow classmates but that is not always easy when so many left when the Air Base in our town was closed by JFK.

Edited 08/29/12 8:07 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.